The campus uses two types of confernce calling services. ITS offers conference calling thru Midco. President's Offices uses Verizon.
Midco Conference Call Service
ITS or Media Services (Library) can help coordinate conference calls via Midco. We require at least 72 hours notice.
Information on use of Midco Conference Calling:
To setup a conference call
* Call Midco Customer Service 800-888-1300 72 hours before the conference
* Midco will likely want an account number to charge. See the top of your Midco bill.
* Midco has a limit of 23 lines (other parties may have booked some of the lines already, so reserve early).
* Reserve the total number of lines that will be on the call (including your local line).
* Augustana has a special rate for setup and cost per minute per line.
Using the Midco Conference Bridge
All users call into the toll free number 877-898-1201 and the first person to call in will ring till the 2nd party calls in. We recommend that the organizer call in a few minutes before. It will ring till the next person gets on that is when the bridge starts
Details on Midco Conference Calling
This is a bridged conference service. That means that we get a reserved time and number of ports on the "Bridge" (this bridge is limited to 23, and can carry multiple conference at one time, so we must plan ahead and lock in the number of bridge ports our conference will use).
After that it's simple, all participants call into the 800 number. If we have to call them to remind them, we would use another phone, but they must call into the bridge to conference in.
More expensive (verizon) services provide a coordinator that CAN call the participants - but this is expensive and rare for audio conferencing today. Everyone is a participant (of course we can't make them pay attention and can't help them un-mute their phone if they do that and forget ;-)
Also, since this is an un-manned service, there is no technician that can "cut off" unruly participants. If you're expecting that, then we will need to contract with a more expensive service that provides a technician to control the unruly.