ITS Budget Request Notice
This is a copy of the current notice that was sent out via email
Augustana Faculty, Administration and Staff,
This is the time of year that we ask you to think about your technology needs and submit your requests to the ITS Committee. These requests will be reviewed by the ITS Committee in January and funds from the 2013/2014 budget will be allocated. See our webpage for further details on the Budget Request Procedures and Guidelines (link below).
Attached to this message you will find a copy of the request form. Please fill out this form with as much detail as possible. This will help the Committee make informed choices.
Here are some things to keep in mind as you prepare your request
- All requests for information technology on campus should flow through this yearly process. Most years all dollars are allocated during this process. Requests that come in after this process will likely not be funded.
- Requests should be reviewed and signed by your department chair/division leadership and your ITS Committee representative. Your ITS Committee representative is your advocate. They will help determine what is funded by the Information Technology general budget. Make sure they understand your needs.
- All requests should be reviewed and prioritized by your department/division leadership. Your leadership is in the best position to prioritize requests within your area.
- Begin by filling out the request form making sure to include details when possible.
- Consult with your ITS Committee Representative well before the submission date.
- Sharon Gray, Instructional Technologist, or Cheryl Swanson, Help Desk Coordinator can consult with and assist you in analyzing and determining employee and department technology needs.
- Submit your requests to your department/division leadership well before the January 11, 2013 deadline.
- Department/Division leadership will approve and rank all submitted forms within their area.
- Signed and ranked forms are submitted to Dan Drenkow, no later than January 11, 2013.ITS Committee will review the requests and gather more information if needed. Allocations will be finalized by April of 2013. Allocations will be funded starting August 2013 and into the 2013-2014 fiscal year.
Additional information can be found at:
Dan Drenkow on behalf of the ITS Committee