ITS Budget Request Notice
This is a copy of the current notice that was sent out via email
Augustana Faculty, Administration and Staff,
This is the time of year that we ask you to think about your technology needs for the 2018/2019 academic year and submit your requests to the ITS Committee. These requests will be reviewed by the ITS Committee and you will be notified about the decisions in March 2018 for allocations beginning August of 2018. See our www.augie.edu/its webpage for further details on the Budget Request Procedures and Guidelines.
Attached to this message you will find a copy of the request form. Please fill this out with as much detail as possible. This will help the Committee make informed choices.
Here are some things to keep in mind as you prepare your request:
- All funding requests for information technology should flow through this yearly process.
- All information technology purchases should be reviewed with ITS even if they are not part of this yearly budget process.
- Your ITS Committee representative is your advocate and can help you determine what can be funded under the ITS Budget Request Guidelines.
- Requests should be reviewed and signed by your department chair/division leadership AND your ITS Committee representative. Make sure they understand your needs.
- How do you know if you are eligible for a desktop or laptop upgrade?
- Desktops: You can consider requesting an upgrade for your desktop PC if your silver Augustana tag number is lower than 7680.
- Laptops: You can consider requesting an upgrade for your laptop if your silver Augustana tag number is lower than 8090.
- If your current computer is not working properly, please contact the Help Desk (5331). We would be happy to take a look and see if there are things we can do to fix it. We can often get it working like new.
- Begin by filling out the request form making sure to include details when possible. Sharon Gray, Instructional Technologist, Cheryl Swanson, Help Desk Coordinator, and your ITS Committee representative can assist you in analyzing and determining your technology needs.
- Submit your requests to your department/division leadership well before the February 8 deadline so they may approve (sign) and rank all submissions from their area.
- Signed and ranked forms should be mailed or emailed to the ITS Committee Chair, Dan Drenkow, no later than February 7, 2018.
- The ITS Committee will review the requests and inform you of your budget allocations by March of 2018. Allocations will be funded starting August 2018 and into the 2018/2019 fiscal year.
Additional information can be found at:
Dan Drenkow on behalf of the ITS Committee