Augustana Releases 2007-08 Annual Report and Honor Roll of Donors
For the fiscal year ending July 31, 2008, there were more than 6,000 investors in Augustana, with alumni accounting for 61 percent of all gifts. Year-end total giving to the College was $27.6 million, which includes cash gifts received, cash pledges made and new deferred gift commitments.
“The final analysis of Augustana’s FY 2007-08 performance illustrates a year of success in fundraising and demonstrable value in an increasingly competitive higher education marketplace,” said Vice President Jon Henkes. Augustana’s fiscal year runs from August 1st through July 31st.
“The fiscal year-end analysis shows that the financial condition of Augustana is strong,” said President Rob Oliver. “We are in this position because our faithful alumni and friends are supporting the work of the College through annual gifts, capital gifts and endowment gifts. To all of you, thank you.”
Highlights of the annual report include:
- The September 2007 announcement by President Oliver and Vice President Jon Henkes of an anonymous $6 million gift to redesign and reconstruct the Mikkelsen Library.
- The October 2007 announcement of Bob and Kari Hall’s $6.1 million gift to build the Kirkeby-Over Football Stadium, in memory of Kari’s parents, Percy Kirkeby and Elizabeth Markley Kirkeby Over.
- On July 31, 2008, the College’s endowment closed at approximately $50 million, a $3 million decrease from 2006-07. Relative to other investments over the previous 12 months, Augustana fared well with a 5 percent decline.
- Nearly one-half of all gifts were made to the Augustana Fund. These annual, unrestricted gifts support priorities such as scholarships and faculty-student research, and gives the College flexibility to address unexpected needs.
- Impressive ratings, once again, by national entities examining the academic quality and distinct value of the Augustana experience.
- Augustana’s leadership in providing value and quality, as compared with other private liberal arts institutions in the region.
Donors to the College during the period from August 1, 2007, through July 31, 2008, will find their names in the Honor Roll of Donors.
For more information:
Director of Development Communications