Augustana Releases 2008-2009 Annual Report
Augustana released its 2008-2009 Annual Report today highlighting performance and value. The College is releasing the report in an electronic version only for the first time. Augustana’s fiscal year runs from August 1, 2008, through July 31, 2009.
“The story of this annual report is Augustana’s resilience and accomplishments amidst the turbulence of the financial crisis. We are very grateful to the many loyal alumni and friends who sustained us through their generosity in annual gifts, capital gifts and endowment gifts during a very difficult economic year,” said President Rob Oliver.
For the fiscal year, there were more than 6,000 investors in Augustana with alumni accounting for nearly 68 percent of all gifts. Year-end total giving to the College was $11.6 million, which includes cash gifts received, cash pledges made and new deferred gift commitments.
Highlights of the annual report include:
- The Augustana Fund set a record in fundraising, with gifts totaling $819,000, a 35 percent increase over the previous year.
- Augustana completed three major capital projects, including Kirkeby-Over Stadium, the Huether Tennis Centre and the Augustana Soccer Field.
- More than 57 percent of all gifts were made to the Augustana Fund. These annual, unrestricted gifts support priorities such as scholarships and faculty-student research, and give the College flexibility to address unexpected needs.
- Impressive ratings, once again, were given by national entities examining the academic quality and distinct value of the Augustana experience.
- Augustana’s leadership in providing value and quality is extremely competitive, as compared with other leading private liberal arts institutions in the region.
“To be able to celebrate a record in gifts to the Augustana Fund this past year is outstanding,” said Vice President for Development Jon Henkes. “Because of strong leadership and the generosity of our alumni and friends, Augustana is on firm financial footing and able to maintain its edge in the competitive higher education marketplace.”
The College has also released the Honor Roll of Donors (password protected) that celebrates the many alumni and friends who gave their support during the period from August 1, 2008, through July 31, 2009.
Director of Development Communications and Grants