Augustana Announces Fall 2010 Sesqui-Sundays
In celebration of its Sesquicentennial, Augustana College musicians will present a series of “Sesqui-Sunday” performances during Sunday morning worship services at the following Sioux Falls-area churches this fall:
- Oct. 3: East Side Lutheran Church, 1300 E. 10th St. The Augustana Brass Choir will perform at 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00 a.m.
- Oct. 17: Peace Lutheran Church, 5509 W. 41st St. The Augustana Collegiate Chorale will perform at 8:00, 9:00, 10:10, and 11:20 a.m.
- Nov. 7: First Congregational Church, 500 S. Main St. The Augustana Brass Choir will perform at 8:30 and 10:30 a.m.
- Nov. 7: Faith Lutheran Church, 601 N. Cliff Ave. The Augustana Clarinet Ensemble will perform at 8:00 and 10:30 a.m.
- Nov. 14: Spirit of Joy Lutheran Church, 2208 W. Laquinta. The Angelus (Women’s Choir) will perform at 8:00, 9:30, and 11:00 a.m.
- Nov. 14: Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 2800 E. 57th Ave. The Augustana Guitar Ensemble will perform at 8:15, 9:30, and 10:45 a.m.
- Nov. 21: Embrace! Church, 1601 E. 69th St. The Augustana Flute Choir will perform at 10:00 and 11:15 a.m.
- Jan. 23: Canton Lutheran Church, 124 E. 2nd St., Canton. The Augustana Choir will perform at 9:30 a.m.
A second series of “Sesqui-Sunday” performances is being planned for Spring 2011.
“We’re honored and proud to share the musical talents of our outstanding students with area congregations in honor of our 150th anniversary,” said Kate Campbell, Augustana's director of Congregational Outreach and Liturgical Arts. “At Augustana, we’re committed to integrating learning with faith and service. We believe that through events such as Sesqui-Sundays, along with various other congregational outreach initiatives, our students receive invaluable opportunities to celebrate the joy of the Lord through music and ministry.”
Director of Communications & Media Relations