Band Concert Set for April 8 at Washington Pavilion
Monday, March 28, 2011
The Augustana Band and the Augustana Wind Ensemble will perform a Spring Concert at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, April 8, at the Washington Pavilion’s Mary W. Sommervold Hall.
Tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for non-Augustana students and seniors. Tickets are free for those with a valid Augustana ID. Tickets are available at www.augietickets.com.
The concert will feature student soloists Michael King, oboe, and Joanna Qualm, flute, and will include a guest performance by the Heartland Handbells under the direction of Jack Mohlenhoff.
The concert will also feature the Augustana College/Community Concert Band.
The Augustana Band performance will include the following selections:
- Fanfare for Saint Cecilia by Philip Sparke
- Beyond the Horizon by Rossano Galante
- Lincolnshire Posy by Percy Grainger (ed by Frederick Fennell)
The performance will include a guest appearance by the Heartland Handbells.
The Augustana Wind Ensemble performance will include the following selections:
- Concerto for Oboe in C by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Movement 3 orchestrated by Christopher Walker
Michael King, senior, oboe soloist
- A Symphony of Fables by Julie Giroux
II. The Pied Piper of Hamelin
Joanna Qualm, senior, flute soloist
The Augustana College/Community Concert Band performance will include the following selections:
- Reverberations by Brian Balmages
- American Flourish by Robert W. Smith
- Eye of the Falcon by Ed Huckeby