Six Students Named Christopherson Scholars
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Six Augustana students have been awarded Fred C. and J. Marie Christopherson Scholarships for the 2011-2012 academic year.
The Augustana Faculty Scholarship and Awards Committee made the selections on the basis of scholarship, campus/community service, and how well the nominees fit the description of the donors as people who are “equipped for life.”
Fred C. Christopherson, who died in 1989, was the editor of the Sioux Falls Argus Leader for 31 years. J. Marie Christopherson, who died in 1989, wrote the Driftwood column published in the Argus Leader for 20 years.
The 2011-2012 Christopherson Scholarship recipients are:
- Carrie Andersen, a junior elementary education major from Sioux Falls.
- Sidney Dreyer, a junior athletic training major from Sioux Falls.
- Chelsie Gransee, a junior psychology major from Sanborn, Minn.
- Amanda Knowler, a junior Spanish education and sign language major from Sioux Falls.
- Kyle Mielke, a sophomore economics, business administration and accounting major from Hartford, S.D.
- Sunita Viegas, a junior exercise science major from New Hope, Minn.