New Art Exhibit to Feature Works by Students
Friday, May 27, 2011
Students from Augustana’s art classes will exhibit a wide variety of works in the Eide/Dalrymple Gallery’s annual Juried Student Invitational, on view from Tuesday, May 31, through Wednesday, Aug. 31. The majority of works included in the exhibition have been selected by Augustana art faculty from this year’s public reviews of sophomore and junior art majors. Additional juried works by the photography students of Augustana Instructor Jayne Erickson are also on display.
The exhibit is free and open to the public.
The nineteen students exhibiting include:
- Meghan Archer, ’11, Sioux Falls
- Michel Bafondoko, ’11, Norway
- Annie Bloom, ’12, Rapid City, S.D.
- Silje Bøe, ’11, Norway
- Regina Brunz, ’12, Sioux Falls
- Chelsea Christians, ’11, Edgerton, Minn.
- Kelsey Hansen, ’13, New London, Minn.
- Sabrina Johnson, ’12, Bellevue, Neb.
- Sarah Karlstad, ’13, Tea, S.D.
- Amanda Klein, ’13, Sioux Falls
- Luda Levchenko, ’11, Sioux Falls
- Annie Nance, ’13, Sioux Falls
- Laura Nerness, ’12, Windom, Minn.
- Diana L. Ogden, ’11, Sioux Falls
- Mariya Pabst, ’13, Sioux Falls
- Colin Richards, ’11, LeMars, Iowa
- Tessa VanRavenswaay, ’13, Sioux Center, Iowa
- Joel Thompson, ’11, Sioux Falls
- Sarah Zobrist, ’12, Brandon
The Eide/Dalrymple Gallery is located on Commons Circle (30th Street and Grange Avenue), in the Center for Visual Arts at Augustana College. The gallery is open to the public and free of charge.
Summer hours (May-August) are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The gallery will be closed Saturdays and Sundays, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day.
Image above: “Night Life,” oil on canvas, 2011, Sarah Karlstad