Nine Students Inducted into French Honor Society
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Augustana College today announced that nine students have been inducted into its Mu Alpha chapter of Pi Delta Phi, the National French Honor Society. The students are:
- Krystal Anderson (Verona, N.D.)
- Amanda Buhl (Tyler, Minn.)
- Stephanie Laska (Norfolk, Neb.)
- Allyson Poston (Rapid City, S.D.)
- Katrin Profilet (Sioux Falls, S.D.)
- Meredith Reynolds (Sioux Falls, S.D.)
- Daniel Schoen (Maple Grove, Minn.)
- Kelly Silvers (Chaska, Minn.)
- Chelsey Viger (Rapid City, S.D.)
Established in 1906 at the University of California, Berkeley, Pi Delta Phi is the French National Honor Society for undergraduate and graduate students at accredited public and private colleges and universities in the United States. There are currently more than 350 chapters of the Society in the U.S. and two representative chapters at the American Universities in Paris and Aix-en-Provence in France. The society was admitted to membership in the Association of College Honor Societies in 1967.
The purpose of the Society is to recognize outstanding scholarship in the French language and its literatures, to increase the knowledge and appreciation of Americans for the cultural contributions of the French-speaking world, and to stimulate and encourage French and francophone cultural activities. The faculty advisor is Dr. Scott Fish.