Ten Students Inducted into Communications Honor Society
Ten students were inducted into the Augustana chapter of Lambda Pi Eta, the National Communication Association’s official honor society, on Thursday, Oct. 25, in recognition of outstanding scholastic achievement and interest in the communication discipline.
Student inductees were:
- Jake Shama, Rapid City, S.D.
- Chi Ngo, Vietnam
- Jessica Spalding, Fremont, Neb.
- Lydia Nelson, Lake Preston, S.D.
- Michaela Bernard, Owatonna, Minn.
- Katie Guse, Waseca, Minn.
- Kristin Payne, Leola, S.D.
- Jessy Gochenour, Mondamin, Iowa
- Elizabeth Bunkers, Sioux Falls
- Katie Simons, Sioux Falls
Lambda Pi Eta represents what Aristotle described in The Rhetoric as three ingredients of persuasion: logos (Lambda), meaning logic; pathos (Pi), relating to emotion; and ethos (Eta), defined as character credibility and ethics. Lambda Pi Eta recognizes, fosters, and rewards outstanding scholastic achievement while stimulating interest in the communication discipline.