Commencement Weekend Begins with 'Suite' Farewell
Nearly 200 members of the Class of 2014 joined President Rob and Angie Oliver at Kirkeby-Over Stadium Thursday night for a "suite" farewell ahead of Commencement on Saturday.
The graduating seniors played lawn games, took a group photo at the 50-yard-line, and joined the Olivers for food and conversation.
Commencement celebrations continue on Friday, May 23:
- Civitas reception: 1 p.m., Center for Western Studies
- Nurse pinning reception: 4 p.m., Our Savior's Lutheran Church
- Senior Celebration: 6:30 p.m., Hilton Garden Inn Downtown (this event is sold out)
Commencement events on Saturday, May 24, include:
- Baccalaureate, a festive worship service: 10 a.m., Elmen Center
- Brunch: 11 a.m., Ordal Dining Room
Commencement: 2 p.m. (doors open for seating at 1 p.m.), Elmen Center
- Commencement speaker: Dr. Gene Hoyme '72 of Sanford Health
- Senior speaker: Julia Blue
Members of the Class of 2014 took a group photo at the 50-yard-line inside Kirkeby-Over Stadium. Photo by TJ Nelson '05.