Class of 2015 Grads: 98% Job Placement
According to a new report, 98 percent of recent Augustana grads seeking employment are employed in a position related to their major or chosen field.
Employment data, as well as other post-graduation activities and destinations for members of the Augustana Class of 2015 (graduates who completed bachelor’s degrees between July 1, 2014, and June 30, 2015), is detailed in the Outcomes Report, published by the Augustana Student Success Center.
Key statistics about the Augustana Class of 2015 include:
- 19 percent are pursuing grad school and/or continuing education.
- Grads are working in 20 states and four countries around the world. Two out of three employed grads chose to remain in Sioux Falls. Of those, half were not originally from the region.
- Top industry choices for 2015 grads include education, health care, business and social services.
- Mean salary was $38,000; the maximum salary reported was $68,000.
- 99.5% of grads participated in key engaged learning opportunities, such as experiential learning, internships, undergraduate research, clinicals, student teaching, study abroad and more.
“These numbers illustrate that Augustana University is indeed the place for possibilities.”
— Rob Oliver, President
“From classroom instruction by top-notch faculty members to high-impact, engaged learning opportunities such as internships, student teaching, and undergraduate research, our students are building unmatched experience and forming critical professional connections well before they graduate. That knowledge and experience, combined with the connections they’ve made, paves the way for their career choices," Oliver said.