In the News: Forbes Features Sanford Institute of Philanthropy at Augustana
A new report by Forbes features the Sanford Institute of Philanthropy at Augustana University, an initiative designed to prepare nonprofit leaders for the 21st century and dramatically increase the impact of charitable organizations in the U.S.
Established through a generous gift to National University from philanthropist and businessman T. Denny Sanford, the Sanford Institute of Philanthropy is housed at Augustana University in Sioux Falls and National University in La Jolla, California, to train existing and future nonprofit leaders.
The first offering of the Institute at Augustana kicks off today and continues through Friday, April 8. Each Institute is a day-and-a-half training opportunity led by regional experts and Augustana faculty. Presenters include:
- Bob Preloger, vice president for Advancement, Augustana University
- Paul Krueger, president and CEO, Make-A-Wish South Dakota
- Steve Erpenbach, president and CEO, South Dakota State University Foundation
- Shelly Gardner, assistant professor of business administration, Augustana University
- Jaciel Keltgen, assistant professor of business administration, Augustana University
- Jackie Payne, director of development, Augustana University.
The Institutes at Augustana have been in high demand. The April 7-8 Institute sold out within a matter of days. The second Institute, set for June, also sold out quickly. The third Institute is set for Sept. 29-30.