Ready to Launch Program to Offer Business Planning Skills for Entrepreneurs
The Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Augustana University today announced details for Ready to Launch, a new program designed for entrepreneurs who want to learn business planning skills.
Ready to Launch is built in collaboration with the Collaborative Legal Incubator Program (CLIP), an initiative designed to train lawyers in small and/or independent firms on the details of running a business.
The six-week program will begin this fall and will feature weekly two-hour classes led by Shelly Gardner, assistant professor of business administration at Augustana.
Participants will learn how to build a formidable business plan, how to implement it, and other key business planning skills, including:
- The business incorporation selection process (LLP, LLC, PC, nonprofit, etc.)
- Marketing and marketing strategies (targeting potential clients, messaging, and communication vehicles)
- Branding (what’s key – from building a website to business cards)
- Basic finance, accounting and taxes (and the necessary software needed)
- Human resources (hiring, staffing, delegating, etc.)
- Business ethics
- Small business management
- Project management
Cost for the program is $500. Participants will receive a signed Certificate of Completion from Augustana University.
Details on how to enroll will be announced later this summer. Those interested in learning more about the program should contact the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605.274.5016.
About the Collaborative Legal Incubator Program
CLIP is a grassroots movement changing how our community understands access to justice and legal services in South Dakota. CLIP provides access to the legal system for vulnerable, low to moderate-income clients by training lawyers to build sustainable and socially conscious legal practices. Learn more at www.clipsd.org.