Students are admitted to the Accelerated Nursing Program in two ways: Early or Standard. Early admission is granted on a space available basis.
Nursing applications are due no later than February 15 of the calendar year in which the student desires to begin upper-division nursing courses. Criteria for standard admission to the post-baccalaureate Accelerated Nursing Program of the nursing major — students not previously admitted under early admission — includes:
- A final cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above from your degree institution
- Achieve a GPA of 2.70 or higher in all prerequisite courses
- Successfully complete all required prerequisite courses with a grade of C- or better.
- Prerequisite courses are: Biology 150, Biology 225, Biology 250, Chemistry 116, Chemistry 145, Math 140, Sociology 110 and Psychology 210.
- A student is allowed to repeat a maximum of two required prerequisite courses one time.
- The Admission and Progression Committee will give particular consideration to grades in Biology 225, Biology 250 and Psychology 210.
- Successfully complete Nurs 328 Pathophysiology with a grade of C or higher.
Early Admission is granted on a space available basis. Space is very limited for Early Admission and preference is give to Augustana graduates. Criteria for early admission includes:
- A final cumulative GPA of 3.5 from your degree institution
- Completion of three (3) prerequisite science courses with at least a B grade in each of the three courses. Prerequisite courses are Biology 150, Biology 225, Biology 250, Chemistry 116, Chemistry 145, Math 140.
- Have an approved plan of study in academic file for completing remaining prerequisite courses
Essential Functional Abilities
- Certain sensory, psychomotor, cognitive, communication and behavioral/social abilities are essential for generalists to competently and safely practice nursing. For admission to and progression in the nursing program, a student must meet and maintain satisfactory demonstration of standards in these functional areas.
- Course syllabi include the following statement: Any students with disabilities who need reasonable accommodation in this course are encouraged to speak with the instructor as soon as possible. The role of the faculty member will be to refer the student to the Student Success Center.