High School Invitational Art Exhibition
Date: February 2, 2018
Times: Closing gallery reception, an awards presentation and open studio tours are set for 6-8:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 2.
Location: Eide/Dalrymple Gallery
Ticket Info: The exhibit and reception are free and open to the public.
Art students from 14 regional high schools will display their talents at the Eide/Dalrymple Gallery at Augustana from Jan. 10 through Feb. 2.
Works by nearly 60 students include a wide range of mediums: drawing, digital photography, painting, mixed media, and ceramics. “There are some exceptional works on view,” said Gallery Director Dr. Lindsay Twa, “The collective exhibition is incredibly strong and inspiring.”
The exhibition will be juried by members of the Augustana art department, who will be giving awards of art supplies. Senior high school artists can also participate in a portfolio review to compete for Augustana pro artis scholarships, worth up to $8,000 over four years.
The awards ceremony will take place at 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 2.
Friday, February 2: Closing Events and Art Scholarship Reviews
- 3:00-5:00 pm: Pro Artis Scholarship portfolio reviews—students apply and sign up in advance for 20-minute-review appointments.
- 6:00 p.m. arrive at the Center for Visual Arts and sign up for workshops. Exhibition on view.
- 6:10-7:50 p.m. Open-studios and workshop demonstrations
- 8:00 p.m. Awards Ceremony in the Eide/Dalrymple gallery
Following the awards, students encouraged to enjoy the exhibit, and can return to the studios to explore.
Workshops and Demonstrations:
- Graphic Design workshop
- Digital Photography
- Printmaking: hands on Monotype Workshop with Professor Scott Parsons & Augustana Students
- Sculpture: hands on casting workshop with Professor John Peters
- Ceramics demonstration with Professor Gerry Punt
- Painting: Workshop with Professor Tom Shields and Augustana students
The Eide/Dalrymple Gallery is located on Commons Circle (30th Street and Grange Avenue), in the Center for Visual Arts at Augustana University. The gallery is open to the public and free of charge. Hours are Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., and Saturday 1-4 p.m. Closed Sundays.
Mike Shafer '18
Intern, Augustana Marketing & Communications