Senior Art Show: 'Art Chose Us'
Date: April 29 - May 21, 2016
Times: Artist Talks: Noon and 7:30 p.m. on Friday, April 29 | Reception and Awards Presentation: 7-9 p.m. on Friday, April 29
Location: Eide/Dalrymple Gallery
Ticket Info: The exhibit, artist talks and reception are free and open to the public.Learn more about the art major at Augustana.
Graduating art students at Augustana University will present their senior show, "Art Chose Us," April 29 through May 21 at the Eide/Dalrymple Gallery.
On exhibit will be a wide variety of works including ceramics, sculpture, printmaking, painting, drawing, digital photography, and graphic design.
The five graduating artists are:
- Stacey Bautista, an art, Spanish and business administration major with an emphasis in painting and graphic design from Sioux Falls
- Mary Brunick, an art and education major with an emphasis in printmaking and photography from Sioux Falls
- Claire Buendorf, an art, education and special education major with an emphasis in painting and ceramics from Albert Lea, Minnesota
- Katie Retterath, a pre-professional art and English major with an emphasis in painting and creative writing from Rosemount, Minnesota
- Shelby Stevens, a pre-professional Art major with an emphasis in printmaking and graphic design from Willmar, Minnesota
The seniors will give artist talks at noon and 7:30 p.m. on Friday, April 29, in the Eide/Dalrymple Gallery. The public is invited to each of these events. The evening reception and awards presention will feature food, conversation, and a celebration of these seniors and the future of the visual arts.
This exhibition is generously sponsored by the families of Palmer Eide and Ogden Dalrymple.
The Eide/Dalrymple Gallery is located on Commons Circle (30th Street and Grange Avenue), in the Center for Visual Arts at Augustana University. The gallery is open to the public and free of charge. Hours are Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday 1 - 4 p.m.