Expectations for a Mentor
- Listen to the needs and expectations of your mentee.
- Work with the student to help develop and establish realistic and obtainable goals.
- Offer suggestions and feedback.
- Keep the student aware of his/her progress.
- Be committed to serve as a resource.
- Encourage your mentee to explore new areas.
- Follow up on commitments made to the mentee.
- Contact your mentee if you are unable to attend scheduled meetings.
- Contact program staff if there is a concern with the mentor relationship.