The Nordland Heritage Foundation supports multiple events throughout the year.
Find event dates here for the Foundation as well as event dates for the Sons of Norway of Sioux Falls.
- Special tours can be arranged for school groups or other interested parties during the year by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summer Tours. The four historic buildings will be open for touring on Sunday afternoons from 2 - 4 p.m. starting in June through August.
- Special Events. The four historic buildings will be open for these special events:
- Saturday, July 1, from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. At 10:30 a.m., Bill Hoskins will present the hour-long program: "Norwegian Civil War Veterans of Minnehaha County" at Beaver Creek Church.
- Saturday, August 5, from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. At 10:30 a.m., Greg Olsen will present the hour-long program: “The Life of the Common Union Civil War Soldier” at Beaver Creek Church.
- Past Event: Saturday, June 3, at 10:30 a.m., Rev. Dave Johnson presented the hour-long program: “Theodore Roosevelt and South Dakota” at Beaver Creek Church.
- Annual Meeting. The 2017 Annual Meeting was Sunday, June 11, at 10:30 a.m. at the Beaver Creek Lutheran Church at Heritage Park, with the luncheon and meeting that followed at the Morrison Commons on the Augustana campus.
- Arthur Olsen Student Research Symposium. The 2017 Symposium was Saturday, April 8, in the Humanities Center on Augustana's campus. More than 70 students took part by giving formal research presentations and leading poster research discussions in the Humanities concourse.