Norwegian Education Exchange Program
For its Norwegian Teacher Education exchange program, Augustana University partners with the following Norwegian institutions:
- Nord University
- Innland Norway University of Applied Sciences
- Diakanova University College
- University College of Southeast Norway
- Western Norway University of Applied Science
An Teacher Education exchange program has been designed for Norwegian exchange students from partner schools to include 15 U.S. credit hours, which is equivalent to 30 ECTS credits for semester programs. We also have a 5-week January classroom-praxis program that provides 3 U.S. credit hours (or 6 ECTS credits.)
Norwegian Education Exchange students applying for admission to Augustana University for our year, semester or January term program must complete the following steps listed below:
- Step 1 - Create an application account and then complete and submit the free online application. This application also includes a request for a personal essay.
(Documents for Steps 2, 3 and 4 may be submitted electronically to email@example.com.)
- Step 2 - Submit a copy of your Norwegian University College Transcripts (Karakterutskrift).
- Step 3 - Submit a copy of your Passport Information Page that includes your name, date of birth and photo.
- Step 4 - Submit a Professional Essay (one page) including information below:
- Summary of experiences in Teacher Education and previous Classrom or Praxis Settings
- Goals for professional practice in the future, including grade/age level, subject area or specialty teaching area.
- Also list any mandatory courses you are required to take while studying at Augustana University (if applicable).
After official admission to Augustana University, the admitted students will submit the following completed forms (Steps 5, 6, & 7). All forms should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional Forms (best viewed using Internet Explorer 7.0 and above)
- Step 5 - Required Immunization Form - Take this form to your doctor's office and request they fill this out and sign it.
- Step 6 - Physical Exam Form - Take this form to your doctor's office and request they fill this out and sign it.
- Step 7 - Letter from home university indicating that they have on file a Certificate of Good Conduct issued by police authorities in student’s hometown (police background check). You do not need a new background check. You may use the background check that your university has on file for your current Teacher Education program.