Chapter #366 OMICRON ETA was installed on December 7 2012 at Merrimack College in North Andover, Massachusetts by Northeast Vice President Dr. Eileen M. Angelini. The faculty moderator of Omicron Eta is Dr. Sylvie Pressman.
We welcomed the following new chapters in 2012-2013:
- #365 OMICRON ZETA
Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, TX (Nov. 17)
- #366 OMICRON ETA
Merrimack College, North Andover, MA (Dec. 7)
- #367 OMICRON THETA
Asbury University, Wilmore, KY (Feb. 2)
- #368 OMICRON IOTA
Saint Joseph's University, Philadelphia, PA (Mar. 15)
- #369 OMICRON KAPPA
State Univ. of New York @ Plattsburgh, Plattsburgh, NY (Apr. 13)
- #370 OMICRON LAMBDA
Spelman College, Atlanta, GA (Apr. 26)
- #371 OMICRON MU
University of Colorado @ Denver, Denver, CO (Apr. 22)
- TBA Ohio University, Athens, OH
The following schools have expressed interest in reactivating in 2013-2014:
- #178 ETA KAPPA, Pace University, New York, NY (1972)
- #41 ALPHA RHO, Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA, (1951)
- #54 BETA IOTA, Temple University, Philadephia, PA (1954)
- #6 ZETA, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR (1928)
- #20 UPSILON, New York University, New York, NY (1948)
The following schools have expressed interest in establishing a chapter:
- The New School, New York, NY
- Manhattanville College, Purchase, NY
- Babson College, Babson Park, MA
- University of Massachusetts @ Boston, Boston, MA
- Connecticut College, New London, CT
The annual meeting of the Executive Board took place this year on October 13 at the Rocky Mountain Language Association (RMMLA) annual conference in Boulder, Colorado.
IMPORTANT NEWS & DEADLINES 2012-2013
- Moderators, please remember to enter your new member info. into the database, otherwise we have no record of your new regular and honorary members.
- 3.0--new required overall GPA (as of Sept. 1, 2012) for Regular members.
- Nov. 5--National Pi Delta Phi Day (held on the first day of National French Week, sponsored by the AATF); all Pi Delta Phi members (current and alumni) are encouraged to wear their Pi Delta Phi pins.
- Nov. 30--deadline for orders and full payment of memberships, honor cords and supplies for fall inductions.
- Apr. 20--deadline for orders and full payment of memberships, honor cords and supplies for spring inductions.
Read or download the free Fall 2012 Pi Delta Phi Newsletter (PDF). Past editions of the Newsletter are available in the news section of the web-site.
Deadlines: for chapter news items and photos to be included in the Newsletter:
- November 15, for the fall edition
- April 1, for the spring edition
Download a color Chapter List Poster 8.5x14 inches, a complete and up-to-date poster of Pi Delta Phi Chapters for display.
Chapter Moderators should enter new or update current member info., and purchase certificates, pins, and honor cords using the database. Pi Delta Phi also now accepts PayPal® payments. Select the database link from the menu. Can't remember your Database password? Contact the Executive Director.
Faculty Moderators, local chapter officers, and other French faculty are invited to join the Pi Delta Phi free listserv; select "listserv" from the menu.
Current and Alumni Members of the Society are also encouraged to join any of Social Media and Networking groups or fan pages (Facebook® and Linked®).