Chapter #371 OMICRON MU was installed on April 22 at the University of Colorado in Denver by North Central Vice President Dr. John J. Janc. The chapter moderator of Omicron Mu is Dr. Linda S. Alcott.
We welcomed the following new chapters in 2013-2014:
- #367 OMICRON THETA
Asbury University, Wilmore, KY (Feb. 2)
- #368 OMICRON IOTA
Saint Joseph's University, Philadelphia, PA (Mar. 15)
- #369 OMICRON KAPPA
State Univ. of New York @ Plattsburgh, Plattsburgh, NY (Apr. 13)
- #370 OMICRON LAMBDA
Spelman College, Atlanta, GA (Apr. 26)
- #371 OMICRON MU
University of Colorado @ Denver, Denver, CO (Apr. 22)
- #372 OMICRON NU
Ohio University, Athens, OH (Oct. 23)
- #373 OMICRON XI
North Park University, Chicago, IL (Oct. 24)
- #374 OMICRON OMICRON
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO (Nov. 21)
- TBA University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, WA
The following schools have expressed interest in reactivating in 2013-2014:
- #178 ETA KAPPA, Pace University, New York, NY (1972)
- #41 ALPHA RHO, Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA, (1951)
- #54 BETA IOTA, Temple University, Philadephia, PA (1954)
- #6 ZETA, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR (1928)
- #20 UPSILON, New York University, New York, NY (1948)
- #96 GAMMA OMEGA, Loyola Univ., Chicago, IL (1963)
The following schools have expressed interest in establishing a chapter:
- The New School, New York, NY
- Manhattanville College, Purchase, NY
- Babson College, Babson Park, MA
- University of Massachusetts @ Boston, Boston, MA
- Connecticut College, New London, CT
Faculty Moderators, local chapter officers, and other French faculty are invited to join the Pi Delta Phi free listserv; select "listserv" from the menu.
Current and Alumni Members of the Society are also encouraged to join any of Social Media and Networking groups or fan pages (Facebook® and Linked®).
Panelists at the Pi Delta Phi sponsored session "French in North America" at the 2013 South Central Modern Language Association (SCMLA) conference in New Orleans, Louisiana on Oct. 4. From left-to-right: Dr. Eileen M. Angelini, Canisius Col. & PDP Northeast VP; Dr. Mary Anne Garnett, Univ. of Arkansas-Little Rock; and Dr. Joe Johnson, Clayton State Univ.
IMPORTANT NEWS & DEADLINES 2013-2014
- Moderators, please remember to enter your new member info. into the database, otherwise we have no record of your new regular and honorary members.
- 3.0--new required overall GPA (as of Sept. 1, 2012) for Regular members.
- Nov. 1--Deadline (postmarked) for Regular members to apply for scholarships for summer study abroad.
- Nov. 1--Deadline to submit photos and submissions to the Editor for the Fall Newsletter.
- Nov. 5--National Pi Delta Phi Day (held on the first day of National French Week, sponsored by the AATF); all Pi Delta Phi members (current and alumni) are encouraged to wear their Pi Delta Phi pins.
- Nov. 20--deadline for orders and full payment of memberships, honor cords and supplies for fall inductions.
- Feb. 15--Scholarship winners informed of their awards.
- Apr. 1--Deadline to submit photos and submissions to the Editor for the Spring Newsletter.
- Apr. 20--deadline for orders and full payment of memberships, honor cords and supplies for spring inductions.
- Sept. 1--Deadline for scholarships winners to submit a report about their study abroad experience and thank you letter in writing to the Executive Director.
Read or download the free Fall 2013 Pi Delta Phi Newsletter (PDF). Past editions of the Newsletter are available in the news section of the web-site.
Deadlines: for chapter news items and photos to be included in the Newsletter:
- November 1, for the fall edition
- April 1, for the spring edition
Download a color Chapter List Poster 8.5x14 inches, a complete and up-to-date poster of Pi Delta Phi Chapters for display.
Chapter Moderators should enter new or update current member info., and purchase certificates, pins, and honor cords using the database. Pi Delta Phi also now accepts PayPal® payments. Select the database link from the menu. Can't remember your Database password? Contact the Executive Director.