A variety of useful resources are available for language majors and minors—and for all students studying a world language. Mikkelesen Library also maintains a page for language major of useful library resources.
In addition to these resources, students are encouraged to take advantage of opportunities on- and off-campus to practice their language skills and to learn more about the culture(s) and literature(s) they are studying. The Department suggests that students make frequent use of the following two resources:
For all MDFL news, we invite current and future students, alumni and friends of the department to like our free Facebook Page.
Discover what special events, films, student research presentations and guest speakers we're sponsoring by visiting our Celebration of Cultures series calendar.
- Online dictionaries and other reference sources
- How to type foreign language accent marks
- Writing Center
- Augie scholarships for foreign language majors
- Regional and national scholarships for foreign language majors
- Study abroad options
- Meet some recent graduates