Serve. Grow. Lead. Living Community
What is the Serve. Grow. Lead. Living Community?
The Service & Leadership Living Community is for sophomores, juniors, and seniors at Augustana who are looking grow in leadership. It is our belief that anyone can be a leader and that leadership skills must continually be developed. Often leadership is thought of as the positions we hold, but it is a process. Leadership is collaborative. And service, one of Augustana’s core values, is a powerful way to explore and develop your leadership skills. Living in the service & leadership living community is an opportunity to explore these concepts with other students who are also interested.
What you will do in the Serve. Grow. Lead. Living Community:
- Explore leadership that's grounded in a commitment to service
- Participate in an ongoing experience in the community
- Engage in a mentoring relationship
- Attend monthly events
What Serve. Grow. Lead. can do for you:
- Connect to other leaders on campus and in the community
- Understand the value of service
- Connect to communities
- Provide a space to practice skills while learning
The Serve. Grow. Lead. Living Community is located on the third floor of Tuve Hall, featuring a separate wing for both men and women. Rooms on this floor will be updated summer 2018 which will include new furniture, carpeting and paint.
Who Should Apply:
- Students who want to grow in their leadership
- Those interested in giving back to the community
- Anyone open to trying new things and willing to devote time to self and community improvement
Please contact the Center for Campus Life at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this unique and engaging opportunity!