Key Rankings for Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls is considered one of America’s great small cities. For Augustana students, it's a laboratory for internships, clinical practice, student teaching, and part- and full-time employment. Learn what others are saying about Sioux Falls:
- Sioux Falls is named No. 1 on Forbes' 2018 list of Best Small Cities for Business and Careers and ranked first last year, also. For 14 straight years, Sioux Falls has been identified within the top five in nation, according to Forbes.com.
- WalletHub ranked Sioux Falls as one of the Best Large Cities to Start a Business and among the Top-10 Best Run Cities in 2018.
- South Dakota is one of the nation’s “Top Moving Destinations” in the 2018 United Van Lines Annual National Movers Study that tracks state-to-state migration pattern.
- In October 2018, Sioux Fall's 2.2 percent unemployment rate was 1.6 percentage points lower than the then-national rate of 3.8 percent.
- Gallup’s annual “Well-Being Index” ranks South Dakota the No. 1 state in the U.S. in 2017 based on purpose, social, financial, community and physical elements.
- SmartAsset included Sioux Falls on its list of the 10 Best Cities for Living the American Dream in 2017, after looking at its employment data, home prices, livability, friendliness toward the business community and the economic stability of its business bases.
- In 2017, 91 percent of residents surveyed in Sioux Falls say the city is a good or excellent place to live, according to the National Citizen Survey, a professional research firm that collects survey data for approximately 500 cities.
- According to the City of Sioux Falls, with an estimated population of 187,200, Sioux Falls has grown by 4,000 people — a 2.2 percent jump — since the end of 2017.
- Sioux Falls moved up the ranks in Inc.com’s Best U.S. Cities to Start a Business, coming in at No. 10 overall in 2017.
View the quality of life in Sioux Falls by seeing this video from the Sioux Falls Convention & Visitors Bureau.