Smart Technology Enabled Classrooms
Most of the classrooms on Augustana's campus are technology enabled. We use the terminology Smart Classroom for rooms that controlled by a Crestron control panel, have multiple integrated device options and often have a Smart Sympodium or Smart Board.
The Crestron control panel (running on the in-room PC dislpay) is the proper way to control the integrated devices in these rooms. The rooms often have the following technogy:
- Technology Podium - containing the devices, keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc.
- Networked Desktop PC - integrated with podium and used for most classroom presentations
- SMART Sympodium - Smart Board technology integrated into the PC Monitor
- Crestron Control system - displayed and used from the PC
- VGA laptop connection and Audio for laptop connection (a few rooms do not support laptop audio)
- Speakers and Amplifier itegrated with technology sources in the podium
Rooms may also have one or more of the following technologies:
- Document Camera - for displaying textbook pages or other objects
- HDMI input - for laptops and other HDMI capable devices
- DVD/VCR - we mostly use only the DVD player on the in-room PC today, but some rooms still have a DVD/VCR
- Wireless clickers (for presentation cotrol - not to be confused with classroom clicker response technology)
- Classroom response technology (genrally department controlled, not part of the room)
Please contact the Augustana Computer Helpdesk for training and assistance with all of our technology enabled classrooms.