Campus Housing Closing Information
Spring 2021 Closing Information
- Last day of Spring classes: Thursday, May 13
- Final Exams: Saturday, May 15 - Thrusday, May 30
- Commencement: Saturday, May 22
- Residence halls close: Sunday, May 23 at noon
Closing and checkout information:
- Students are required to check out of housing 24 hours after their last final unless participating in commencement
- ALL students must be checked out of housing by noon on Sunday, May 23 unless they are signed up for summer housing
- Students MUST check out with their VA or other staff member before leaving
- The VA or staff member will check the room for any damages and collect the room key. There will be a fine for any damage to the room and/or any missing room keys.
- Students MUST sign up for a checkout time with their VA or other staff member 24 hours before checking out.
- There will be a $25 improper checkout fee if students do not follow proper checkout procedures.
Before you leave campus:
- Pack all belongings. No personal belongings should be left behind.
- Make sure all university furniture is present in the room and arranged properly. Room layouts will be provided by your VA to arrange furniture properly.
- Clean your room! Wipe down all surfaces included inside of drawers, vacuum/sweep floors, make sure all personal belongings are removed.
- Clean out your Microchill. Empty fridge/freezer and wipe down. Wipe out inside of microwave. Unplug the fridge and properly defrost.
- Take out all trash.
- Check common areas (laundry room, kitchen, lounges) for any personal items. Anything left behind will be donated.
- There will be a $25 charge for improper checkouts so please complete all items.