Campus Update - July 29
Global and Local Update:
- As of 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 29, the COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University has reported 16,810,315 cases of the novel coronavirus globally and 661,917 deaths.
- As of Tuesday, July 28, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has reported 4,280,135 positive cases of the novel coronavirus and 147,672 deaths.
- As of 7 p.m. on Tuesday, July 28, the South Dakota Department of Health (SD-DOH) has confirmed 8,641 positive cases of COVID-19, including the 149 cases that are new, and 129 deaths. There are 903 active cases in the state, including 46 current hospitalizations. A total of 7,609 people have recovered from the virus in the state.
- Viking Flex Plan: The Viking Flex Plan will incorporate both face-to-face learning as well as an online learning component for students this fall. This model will be implemented for the health and safety of all of our students, staff and faculty as well as to create the best possible on-campus experience. Viking Flex Plan FAQs.
- Viking Flex Health & Safety Pledge: The Viking Flex Health and Safety Pledge is available for Augustana employees — a covenant outlining important health and safety protocols in which the university is asking all members of our campus community to commit. We are asking all employees to sign the pledge on the employee portal by Friday, August 21. For those who don’t utilize email, a hard copy will be provided.
- Mask Policy: Masks are required for all indoor, public spaces, including classrooms, study spaces, and hallways. Masks are likewise required in those on-campus situations where physical distancing cannot be maintained — exceptions include while eating and drinking, and while participating in athletic and performance related activities. Mask requirements on campus for fall 2020.
- Updated Building Hours and Services: Faculty and staff, as well as students who have been approved to live and work on campus, will find information regarding hours and access for locations on campus that are still staffed and available for use at augie.edu/hours.To provide updated building, office and service hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.