Campus Update - May 13
Augustana University is closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation. As of Wednesday, May 13, here are the latest things to know:
- Local and Global Update: As of noon on Wednesday, May 13, the South Dakota Department of Health (SD-DOH) has confirmed 3,732 positive cases of COVID-19 and 39 deaths. There are 1,326 active cases in the state, including 79 hospitalizations.As of Tuesday, May 12, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has reported 1,342,594 positive cases of the novel coronavirus and 80,820 deaths. Twenty-six states have reported more than 10,000 cases, which does not include South Dakota.
- The city now has a Sioux Falls COVID-19 Dashboard that provides information and resources about the coronavirus testing, case data and the response in Lincoln and Minnehaha Counties. Other updates about City of Sioux Falls services and operations are available at siouxfalls.org/covid19.
- At a special meeting on Thursday, May 7, 2020, the Sioux Falls City Council voted to ease business limitations necessary to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in the Sioux Falls region. Read about the "No Mingling" Ordinance.
- The Governor has let the executive order for persons in Minnehaha and Lincoln Counties who are over the age of 65 and/or have chronic medical conditions to stay home expire on Monday, May 11.
- Health and Well-Being: The COVID-19 pandemic is putting new and unforeseen pressures on all of us. As the pandemic drags on, this new normal is taxing our inner resources. We find ourselves juggling family, work, health and financial pressures like never before. Augustana Assistant Professor of Nursing Ranae Aukerman shares some insight in growing your resilience — the process of adapting well in the face of adversity. Watch Video.