Daily Campus Update — March 19
Augustana University is closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation. As of Thursday, March 19, here are the latest things to know:
- On Monday, March 23, Augustana campus operations will default to virtual meetings and/or remote work for all employees except for those who provide operational support for the care of those students approved to stay on campus in university-owned housing. The Dean of Students Office will share more information regarding campus services directly with students on Friday, March 20.
- Augustana continues to provide updates to adjusted building hours on our webpage. An Augie ID may be needed to access buildings on campus such as the Fryxell Humanities, Elmen and Madsen Centers as well as the Froiland Science Complex, Center for Visual Arts and the residence halls. If you don’t have an ID or access, contact Campus Safety at 605.274.4014.
- Augustana’s Campus Pastor Ann Rosendale continues to lead our community during this time of uncertainty. While there are no traditional chapel services being held during this time, Campus Ministry has provided new ways that we can connect in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. Beginning next week, Campus Ministry will launch a devotional blog; Facebook Live Virtual Experience, Mondays at 10 a.m; and Viking Huddles, Wednesdays at 10 a.m., via Zoom. More details at augie.edu/worship.
- A remote access guide and a course continuity guide have been created for faculty and staff to prepare for the transition to online courses and communication.
- The Help Desk has the ability to provide remote assistance to your computer for software related issues from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday-Friday. Staff members will also be checking email and voicemail regularly outside of those hours. Please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or 605.274.5331 for assistance with technology issues.
- The Admissions Office will no longer take individual campus visitors through March 31. Admissions has also undergone an effort to create a virtual visit experience for students who were already registered for individual visits or other events such as Admitted Student Day.
- The communications team encourages faculty and staff who want to share information with the AU community regarding COVID-19 operations to first connect with the Risk-Assessment Team/Unified Command member that represents your respective areas. If you are still unsure of who to communicate with, you can submit your news, questions or concerns via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The communications team reviews this account and can coordinate the messaging or share this with the appropriate Risk Assessment Team member.
- In order to promote the safest possible conditions for our faculty, staff and students on campus, Augustana has detailed cleaning procedures in place which include spaces that are continually used by the community. While staffing may look different for the majority of the university, we can assure you that all custodians are considered essential staff and continue to come in service to the university as normal. Bathrooms on campus are being cleaned daily and disinfected multiple times per day. Our custodial staff is using a novel virus certified cleaning agent. To ensure a higher frequency of disinfection in used spaces, many rooms within each building will be closed after disinfection until the rooms are needed again for instruction. These rooms will have a stop sign directly above the door handle indicating they were disinfected and not to use. The best preventative measure each individual can take is to wash your hands.
- We realize that the AU community is facing unique circumstances and financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you live in the Sioux Falls area, please consider looking to the One Sioux Falls Fund, coordinated by the Helpline Center.
Should you have any questions regarding the coronavirus or need to update the risk-assessment team on campus-related matters or events, please send a message to email@example.com. Please continue to check for updates and more information on the Augustana coronavirus webpage at augie.edu/coronavirus.