Daily Campus Update — March 20
Augustana University is closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation. As of Friday, March 20, here are the latest things to know:
- While there have been no reported cases on Augustana’s campus, the South Dakota Department of Health (SD-DOH) has reported 14 known cases of COVID-19. The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory advising against all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. The Department is also urging all U.S. citizens to return home immediately unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period of time.
- Beginning Monday, March 23, Augustana campus operations will default to virtual meetings and/or remote work for all employees except for those who provide operational support for the care of those students approved to stay on campus in university-owned housing. Only those students who applied and were approved to live on campus will have access to campus services.
- Out of an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our students, staff, and faculty, AU recommends that faculty and students not meet in-person either in small groups or one-to-one. Even though students may be available because they are living on campus or in the Sioux Falls community, we strongly encourage you to schedule virtual meetings via phone, FaceTime, Facebook Live, Google Hangouts, Zoom, or whatever technological means best suit your needs. This type of blanket policy is intended to ensure fairness and consistency for the entire AU community while also supporting the broader efforts of those charged with leading the response to the virus.
- The Elmen Center will be closed on the weekends through Sunday, March 29. Beginning March 23, the Elmen Center will be open from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., and will only be accessible to faculty, staff and students who have been approved to live in on-campus student housing.
- The weight room will be open each weekday from 12-2 p.m.
- The pool will be open on Wednesday, March 25, and Friday, March 27, from 1-3 p.m.
- Swipe your Augie ID on the east main doors and parking lot door.
- Family members and friends are not allowed to use the facility. Please continue to monitor our updated building and service hours for AU facilities.
- Beginning Saturday, March 21, the Mikkelsen Library will be providing services remotely to students, faculty and staff. These services will be available Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., on Friday from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., and on Sunday from 1 - 6 p.m.
- At this time, the Registrar’s Office is ONLY able to process electronic transcripts and we will not be printing and mailing hard copy transcripts. View the details at augie.edu/transcripts.
Should you have any questions regarding the coronavirus or need to update the risk-assessment team on campus-related matters or events, please send a message to email@example.com. Please continue to check for updates and more information on the Augustana coronavirus webpage at augie.edu/coronavirus.