Campus Housing Move-In Information
Welcome to Augustana University! We are excited to have you join our on-campus community and take part in all Campus Life has to offer.
IMPORTANT DATES & DETAILS (INTERIM/ SPRING SEMESTER 2018):
Tuesday, January 2: Halls open for interim semester- 8am- 5pm
Wednesday, January 31: Halls open for spring semester- 8am- 5pm
Check-in at the Center for Campus Life (Edith Mortenson Center Suite 119.)
Please Note: Out of courtesy to staff with many duties during these first days of the semester, please refrain from early morning and late night arrivals (before 7 a.m. and after 10 p.m.).
Your Room Assignment
Residence hall room assignments are made on a rolling basis, depending on when you apply and make your housing deposit. Room and roommate information may change based on need. Check the portal for up-to-date room assignment and roommate information.
What to Do Before You Arrive
- Assemble items to bring for your room — see our list of What to Bring.
- Set up your Augustana email account. This will be Augie’s primary way of contacting you.
- Visit with your roommate (their email address was listed in your room assignment notification - refer to your portal account.)
- Decide which optional services you may wish to purchase such as lofts (Bergsaker, Solberg, East and Tuve 2nd and 3rd floors only) or cable TV. These optional services may be added through your portal account. Remember, all residence hall rooms are equipped with a refrigerator/microwave unit and students living in campus housing will also have access to free laundry facilities.
- If you plan to bring a car, you need to buy a parking permit. You can do this at the Campus Safety office located in the Commons.
- Visit the portal to complete your emergency contact information and sign up for the emergency notification system.
- Get involved! Browse Viking Central for information on clubs and organizations and upcoming events.
New Students who need to arrive before residential communities open for fall semester must be approved through the Campus Life office. Please contact our office to arrange an early check in.
Postal Mail & Mailing Address to Halls
All students are assigned a campus mailbox, located in the Morrison Commons (on the concourse). Packages sent to your mailbox will be available for at the Campus Safety information desk until pick up. Below is an example of your Augustana University address:
Ole Viking (Your Name)
2001 S. Summit Avenue, Box ###
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
The spring semester meal plan begins January 2nd with the evening meal (5-7pm.)
Student ID Card
New students can pick-up their ID card at the Campus Safety office located at the Commons Information desk. You can also pick up your parking permit while you’re there!
We’re here for you! Contact the Center for Campus Life at 605.274.5215 or email@example.com for additional move-in information.