Augustana's six residence halls provide students with a rich community experience with support networks, creative programs and social activities.
We believe that living in community together in residence halls encourages students to learn from one another, to learn skills necessary to be a good neighbor, and to adopt values of citizenship that will serve them well beyond their time at Augustana.
First-Year Student Housing
Sophomore, Junior and Senior Student Housing
All six residence halls are co-educational. Floors or wings on residence hall floors are designated by sex with common lobbies, lounges, kitchens and recreation rooms. Entrances to the halls are secured twenty-four hours a day. Student life in the residence halls is guided by a code of conduct and carefully determined procedures designed to ensure that students have an enjoyable residential experience.
Residence Hall Amenities
Each residence hall is a little different, providing a unique experience no matter where you live on campus. However, there are a few things that you can expect from each hall:
- In- room microfridge unit (fridge, freezer and microwave)
- Computer lab (internet access and printer)
- Public use kitchen with oven and refrigerator
- Coin-free laundry facilities
- Limited student storage (during the academic year only)
- Study lounges
- TV lounge
- Vacuum cleaners
Student Room Furnishings
While student rooms also vary a great deal across campus, basic furnishings are standard to each area. In your room, you will certainly find:
- Two single beds
- Limited parking is available on campus. Parking permits are distributed by seniority, on a first-come, first-served basis for all students. Please pay attention to all city, Augustana, and community signs when parking adjacent to campus. Contact Campus Safety at (605) 274-4014 for more information regarding parking and permits.
- Mattress sizes are twin extra long.
- Students may bring carpeting for their room, however, foam or kanga-back carpet poses a fire risk and is therefore prohibited.