The Block plan is a smaller meal plan, offered to provide more flexibility for third and fourth year students, theme house, apartment residents, and commuters. This plan offers a base number of 75 meals to be used at the student's discretion over the course of a semester. These meals can be used to enter the Ordal Dining Room or as Transfer Meals in the Huddle.
Additional blocks of 25 meals can be added throughout the semester for $135.
Important Notes about The Block:
- All unused meals at the end of the semester will be forfeited. Meals do not carry over from semester to semester.
- All first and second year students are required to enroll in The Unlimited plan. The Block is only available to first and second year students who are commuting from home or who have obtained a waiver through the Residence Life Office.
- The Unlimited is the only financial aid qualified meal plan. Students eligible to waive the meal plan requirement or enroll in The Block plan will see an adjustment (reduction) of 10 %to their Augustana gift assistance.
- All residential students will be automatically enrolled in The Unlimited for the coming academic year. Students who are eligible to waive the meal plan or enroll in The Block plan must log into their Student Portal (my.augie.edu) prior to the start of the semester to make any changes.
- The Block is not eligible for the Senior Dividend.
- Meal cards (your Augustana ID) are non-transferrable and cannot be used by anyone except you. In order to enter the Dining Room, you must have your card with you.
Important Information about “The Block”
- Meals do not carry over from semester to semester. All unused meals at the end of the semester are forfeited.
- First- and second-year students (Freshmen and Sophomores):
“The Block” is only available to first- and second-year students who are commuting from home. All residential students in their first two years of study are required to take “The Unlimited” plan.
- Third- and fourth-year students (Juniors and Seniors):
“The Block” plan is not a financial aid qualified meal plan and students receiving Augustana Gift Assistance will see an adjustment (reduction) of 10% to that portion of their financial aid award. Check with the Financial Aid Office for assistance in determining your best financial options based upon your unique aid award.
”The Block” is also not an eligible plan for use with the Senior Dividend. The Senior Dividend is a credit for seniors who will live in college housing four consecutive years with a financial aid qualified meal plan (The Unlimited). Students living in East Hall are not eligible for the Senior Dividend.
- All residential students are automatically enrolled in “The Unlimited” for the fall semester – 2012. Upperclass students and commuters eligible to either waive the meal plan or to enroll in “The Block” plan must log into their student portal account (my.augie.edu) prior to the start of the semester to make changes.
- “The Block” can be used for guest meals as long as you are present. Your Augustana ID is non-transferrable and cannot be used by anyone other than you. Remember, you must have your ID card to access your meal plan.