Edith Mortensen Center,
2001 S. Summit Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
Students may apply to use a waterbed in college housing. Failure to follow the guidelines below will result in loss of privilege, a $75.00 fine, and/or possible judicial sanctions.
- Student must make a written request/application to the Housing Office. The application must include proof of liability insurance-$100,000. (cost is approximately $25.00 for $100,000.00 coverage per year)
- Waterbeds may not exceed 4 feet by 7 feet and may not restrict the entrance of the room, 36" door clearance and at least 18 inches of access to windows and heating units.
- Waterbeds may not be lofted. Placement of beds on first (1st) floor rooms is encouraged.
- The Housing Office reserves the right, to review a waterbed if behavioral, health or safety concerns arise.
- Designated sinks on each floor must be used when filling or draining waterbeds. Waterbeds may not be drained from windows, stairwells, hallways, etc. A quality hose for filling and draining is to be furnished by the student.