Studying Off Campus
Study abroad opportunities are encouraged for nursing students wherever they wish to go. Within the major, the senior-level Nursing Leadership course is taught over J-Term in Norway!
Our nursing department has outstanding partners throughout the region, a few of which include:
- Sanford Hospital & USD Medical Center
- Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center
- Avera Behavioral Health Center
- Avera Heart Hospital of South Dakota
- Sioux Falls Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Children’s Care Hospital & School
- Sioux Falls Catholic Schools
- Sioux Falls Lutheran School
- Sioux Falls Public Schools
- Center for Active Generations
- Bethany Lutheran Home
- Children’s Home Society
- Lutheran Social Services Refugee and Immigration Program
- South Dakota Department of Health
Sioux Falls gives Augustana nursing students an advantage with three clinical academic partners within 15 minutes of campus.
We also encourage students to participate in our reciprocal study abroad opportunities. We believe that by putting students in places where they can encounter cultural diversity, they will grow both personally and professionally.
During the Interim and other academic breaks, our faculty take interested students on clinical or service trips to such places as Ecuador and Norway, and as close to home as the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.