Viking Days Student Events
Students: Mark your calendars for Viking Days 2016 student events, Oct. 10-16!
Monday, Oct. 10:
- 5 - 9:30 p.m. Ole Stock and Coronation, Elmen Center.
Kick off Viking Days with Ole Stock, a dinner for students, staff, faculty, and family at the Augustana Elmen Center.
Following dinner, we'll introduce the Royal Court and crown the Viking Days 2016 King and Queen. Join us for a fireworks display following the event.
Tuesday, Oct. 11:
- 7 p.m. Burning of the "A" and bonfire, Campus Green.
The Burning of the "A" is a long-standing Viking Days tradition. Enjoy the bonfire with treats out on the Green!
Wednesday, Oct. 12:
- 8 p.m. Hypnotist Lizzy the Dream Girl, Kresge Recital Hall, Humanities Center.
Thursday, Oct. 13:
- 4 - 7 p.m. Float building under the tent, Commons Circle across from Humanities.
Come and decorate your organization's float for the parade on Saturday morning. Make sure to get everyone from your organization together for building — prizes will be given away to the best float.
Friday, Oct. 14:
- 10 a.m. worship, Chapel of Reconciliation. This festive service will feature music by The Augustana Choir and a student sermon by Jacob Belgum '17 of Atwater, Minnesota.
- 3 p.m. Rendezvous, Back Alley. Join us for an International Student Showcase, hosted by the International Programs Office.
- 5-7 p.m., Gallery Reception and Artist's Talk with Kat Burdine '08, Atrium, Center for Visual Arts. Reception begins at 5 p.m. with the artist's talk at 6 p.m.
- 7:30 p.m., Command Performance, Mary W. Sommervold Great Hall, Washington Pavilion, 301 S. Main Avenue, Sioux Falls.
New to Viking Days this year, this event will feature appearances by the Augustana Band, Orchestra, Choir, Percussion Ensemble, Northlanders Jazz Band and more.
- 10 p.m. - 1 a.m. Throwback Time Machine Dance Party, Back Alley.
The Throwback Time Machine is "the craziest video dance party this side of the 21st century," with original video, a huge dose of on-stage audience interaction, dance-offs, stage-props galore and the odd impromptu communal karaoke session (complete with words on the screens for the forgetful!).
Saturday, Oct. 15:
- 9 a.m. Langskip 5K.
Race begins at 9 a.m., starting at 29th Street and Summit Avenue. Proceeds benefit Augiethon (formerly Augustana Dance Marathon), Sanford Children's Hospital and Children's Miracle Network. Registration is $25.
- 9:30 a.m. Viking Days Pancake Feed, Commons Drive and Grange Avenue.
Come to the parade ready to eat pancakes and see faculty members (our guest pancake flippers!) from the Performing and Visual Arts departments. This is a fundraiser to benefit the PVA. Tickets will be available at the event; $7/$5 for kids.
- 10:30 a.m. Homecoming Parade, University Place to 33rd Street on Grange Avenue.
One of the highlights of the week, the parade route will be on Grange from University Place (formerly 28th Street) to 33rd Street.
- Augustana Soccer vs. Bemidji State: 11 a.m., Morstad Field.
Cheer on the Viking women as they continue their success from last season.
- 11:30 a.m. Tailgating at Viking Village in partnership with SKOL.
Following the Parade, come on over to Viking Village to enjoy tailgating before the Homecoming game. Located behind Kirkeby-Over Stadium.
- 1 p.m. Viking Days Football vs. Minnesota State: 1 p.m., Kirkeby-Over Stadium.
- 8 p.m. Valleyhill concert, Morrison Commons patio.
Sunday, Oct. 16:
- 10 - 11:30 a.m. Viking Days Worship, Elmen Center.
Wrap up the 2016 Viking Days experience by coming to worship at the Augustana Elmen Center with alumni, staff, and fellow students.
- 11:30 a.m. Viking Days Brunch, Ordal Dining Room, Morrison Commons. Tickets available at the door.
- 1 p.m. Augustana Soccer vs. Minnesota Crookston: 1 p.m., Morstad Field.