Viking Days Events for Students
Students: Mark your calendars for Viking Days 2013 events, October 11-20, featuring an anniversary presentation of Viking Varieties and an
All-Augustana Reunion on Saturday night!
Online tickets are available through Wednesday, Oct. 9 .
Registration is now closed for Viking Days 2013.
Friday, Oct. 11: Volleyball and the Johnny Holm Band: Volleyball vs. Minnesota State, 7 p.m. in the Elmen Center, followed by the Johnny Holm Band at 9 p.m. in the Back Alley.
Saturday, Oct. 12: Soccer and Volleyball: Soccer vs. Concordia St. Paul at 1 p.m., followed by Volleyball vs. Concordia at 4 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 13: Soccer and "Food, Faculty and Film" with President Rob Oliver: Soccer vs. Minnesota State Mankato at 1 p.m., followed by discussion of the film, “O Brother, Where Art Thou,” at 7:30 p.m., Back Alley, sponsored by Viking Days Committee, UBG, and Civitas.
Monday, Oct. 14: Coronation, Ole Stock, Fireworks at the Elmen Center: Picnic and Ole Stock begins at 4:30 p.m. in the Elmen Center; Coronation begins at 7 p.m. UPDATE: Due to rain, Coronation will also be held in the Elmen Center. Fireworks will follow. Start your Viking Days out with a BANG! It's your chance to meet the 2013 Homecoming Court, find out who's been named Viking Days King and Queen, and enjoy the fireworks display!
Tuesday, Oct. 15: Hypnotist Kevin Hurley: Event begins at 7 p.m. with desert in the Humanities atrium and jazz music. Hypnotist event kicks off at 8 p.m. in Kresge Recital Hall.
Wednesday, Oct. 16: Bonfire: 8 p.m. on the Campus Green, featuring treats and the burning of the "A."
Thursday, Oct. 17: Float Building: Beginning at 5 p.m. in the big white tent. Pizza and soda provided.
Friday, Oct. 18: Carnival, Food, Illusionist and Dance:
- Cirque du Ole (Carnival theme block party): begins at 4 p.m. on the Campus Green; dinner provided by Sodexo from 5-7 p.m.
- Pie eating contest at 4:30 p.m. with Viking Days royalties!
- Illusionist: 8 p.m., Kresge Rectial Hall. Come see the magic of Reza!
- Dance: 10 p.m., Back Alley
Saturday, Oct. 19: 5K, Pancakes, Parade, Game, Reunion, Varieties and the Afterglow:
- Langskip 5K: 9 a.m. Fellows' Presidential Residence, 37th Street and Grange Avenue. Check in at 8:30 a.m.; race begins at 9 a.m. Register for the 5K.
- Viking Days Pancake Feed: 9:30 a.m. Commons Drive and Grange Avenue. Come to the parade ready to eat pancakes and see faculty members (our guest pancake flippers!) from the Performing and Visual Arts department. This is a fundraiser to benefit the PVA. Tickets are $7 and will be available at the event.
- Homecoming Parade: 10:30 a.m., College Drive (formerly 28th St.) to 33rd Street on Grange Avenue.
- Viking Days Football Game vs. Upper Iowa: 1 p.m., Kirkeby-Over Stadium.
Registration is closed for Viking Days 2013.
- All-Augustana Reunion: 6 p.m., Washington Pavilion. Enjoy great food and drinks and take in the 60th anniversary show of Viking Varieties! Registration is now closed for Viking Days 2013. This event is sold out.
- Viking Varieties: 8 p.m., Mary Sommervold Hall, Washington Pavilion. Viking Varieties will celebrate the 60th anniversary of its first show with a one-night-only performance featuring talent from across campus and our largest cast ever. Don't miss it! Registration is now closed for Viking Days 2013. This event is sold out.
- The Augustana Afterglow: 9:30 p.m., Washington Pavilion Lobbies. The party continues following Varieties at the Afterglow! Enjoy desserts, fun and dancing on all levels of the Washington Pavilion.
Sunday, Oct. 20: Worship: 10:30 a.m., Elmen Center. Bishop of the Greater Milwaukee Synod Rev. Jeff Barrow '73 will preach. Dancers, led by Jackie Pederson-Kriens '89, will share liturgical dance with music provided by The Augustana Orchestra and The Augustana Choir.
Viking Days Brunch: 11:30 a.m., Ordal Dining Room, Morrison Commons. Tickets available at the door.