Sioux Falls: the State's Largest City
At Augustana, we engage the vast resources of Sioux Falls, one of America’s great small cities, as a laboratory for internships, clinical practice, student teaching, and part- and full-time employment.
Welcome to the state’s largest city, home to some of the region’s largest health care centers, Fortune 500 businesses and a vibrant entrepreneurial spirit.
With an estimated population of 183,200 – more than 265,000 with its suburbs – a robust economy, countless outdoor activities, hundreds of restaurants, coffee shops and stores, sought-after internship and clinical opportunities and a vibrant entertainment scene, Sioux Falls is a great place to spend four years.
Here's what others are saying about Sioux Falls:
- Personal finance site WalletHub ranked Sioux Falls as the 4th best city in America to find a job in 2015, with the lowest nationwide unemployment for those who hold bachelor’s degrees.
- For twelve straight years, Sioux Falls has been identified within the top 5 in nation for “best small metro for business and careers," according to Forbes.com (2016).
- In 2016, MSN Money ranked Sioux Falls #10 in this list of the 25 Most Livable Cities in the U.S.
- MoneyRates.com ranks Sioux Falls #7 among Best Cities for Young Entrepreneurs and #6 among Cities with Affluential Young People.
- WalletHub ranked Sioux Falls as the #1 best large city to start a business in 2016 and among the Top-10 Best Run Cities.
- South Dakota is the nation’s “Top Moving Destination” in the 2017 40th annual United Van Lines Annual National Movers Study that tracks state-to-state migration pattern.
- SmartAsset ranked Sioux Falls the second-best place in America to raise a child, based on metrics that would affect a child’s quality of life.
- The City of Sioux Falls and Mayor Mike Huether were featured in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Free Enterprise online publication for "why people should move to Sioux Falls, South Dakota, a city with a booming job market, a very low cost of living, and a high quality of life."
- With an estimated population of 183,200, Sioux Falls has grown by 4,700 people — a 2.5 percent jump — since January 2017.
Watch Mayor Mike Huether on Sioux Falls and Augustana
View the quality of life in Sioux Falls by seeing this video from the Sioux Falls Convention & Visitors Bureau.