Class of 1970
Members of the class of 1970, make plans to celebrate your 50th class reunion on campus during Viking Days 2021: Oct. 8-10!
Schedule of Events
Below are highlights of the Viking Days weekend, including important events for the Class of 1970. A complete schedule of all Viking Days event can be found here.
Thursday, Oct. 7
- "Surrounded by Friends" Reception: 6 p.m., Great Shots (2505 W Benson Rd.)
Join us Thursday night to kick off Viking Days with a casual, fun gathering at Great Shots golf. Golfers and non-golfers are welcome! Non-golfers can enjoy the fellowship and the very fun (and sometimes funny) non-golf skilled games.
If you choose to golf, there is a $22 fee. Food can be purchased individually at their bar and restaurant the night of the event. Register for THURSDAY NIGHT.
Friday, Oct. 8
- Memorial Service: 10-11:30 a.m., Chapel of Reconciliation (Augustana Campus)
The classes of 1970 and 1971 will gather to remember departed classmates.
- Honor Guard Luncehon: 12-1:30 p.m., Our Savior's Lutheran Church (909 W. 33rd St.)
A luncheon for alumni who have celebrated their 50th class reunion. Members of the class of 1970 and 1971 will be inducted into the honor guard. Reunion photos for the classes of 1946, 1951, 1956, 1961, and 1966 will be taken at the luncheon. Registration is required.
- Campus Tour: 2:15 p.m.
- 50th Class Dinner: 5-6 p.m. Social, 6 p.m. Dinner, Sioux Falls Convention Center (1201 Northwest Ave.)
The Class of 1970 reunion planning committee has been busy planning a special evening for you and your classmates. Classmates will be "surrounded by friends" as they mingle and reconnect and share many fond memories. The Class Scholarship total will be presented to the University and your class picture will be taken at this event. Attire is business casual. Registration is required.
Saturday, Oct. 9
- Parade: 10:30 a.m., Augustana Campus
- Football vs. Upper Iowa: 1 p.m., Kirkeby-Over Stadium
- Vikings Reunite: An All Alumni Gathering: 7:30 p.m., 5 Oaks (480 E 69th St.)
Join us for an Augustana alumni celebration! Student musicians will perform. The milestone reunion years ending in 1's and 6's will have their class pictures taken. Cupcakes will be served. This event is free; registration is required.
Sunday, Oct. 10
- Viking Days Worship: 10 a.m., Chapel of Reconciliation
Join us for this festive worship service with campus pastor Rev. Ann Rosendale, featuring music by The Augustana Choir and the Augustana Orchestra.
- Viking Days Brunch: 11:30 a.m., Ordal Dining Room, Morrison Commons
Pay at the door.
THANK YOU TO THE 1970 REUNION PLANNING COMMITTEE!
- Class Agent: Karen (Bucks) Wegner
- Connie (Helland) Sletto
- Les Miller
- Dean Schueler
- Pam (Agrimson) Thorson
- Skip Reeves
- Doug Anderson
- Susan Randall
- James Fry
- Roberta (Backhaus) Lovald
- Nancy (Wheeldon) Hallenbeck