Members of the class of 1971 should make plans to join to celebrate their 50th class reunion on campus during Viking Days 2021: Oct. 8-10.
Below are highlights of the Viking Days weekend including important events for the Class of 1971. A complete schedule of all Viking Days event can be found online.
- Welcome back reception: 7-9 p.m., Froiland Science Complex (Augustana University Campus)
Join your classmates for flatbreads, fellowship, and fun! This is a great chance to catch up with everyone in town early before Friday's series of events. Register now.
- Memorial Service: 10-11:30 a.m., Chapel of Reconciliation (Augustana Campus)
The classes of 1970 and 1971 will gather to remember departed classmates.
- Honor Guard Luncehon: 12 - 1:30 p.m., Our Savior's Lutheran Church (909 W. 33rd St.)
A luncheon for alumni who have celebrated their 50th class reunion. Members of the class of 1970 and 1971 will be inducted into the honor guard. Reunion photos for the classes of 1946, 1951, 1956, 1961, and 1966 will be taken at the luncheon. Registration is required.
- 50th Class Dinner: 5-6 p.m. Social, 6 p.m. Dinner, Convention Center (1201 Northwest Ave.)
The Class of 1971 reunion planning committee has been busy planning a special evening for you and your classmates. Classmates will mingle and reconnect as well as share many fond memories. The Class Scholarship total will be presented to the University and your class picture will be taken at this event. Registration is required.
- Parade: 10:30 a.m., Augustana Campus
- Football vs. Upper Iowa: 1 p.m., Kirkeby-Over Stadium
- Vikings Reunite: An All Alumni Gathering: 7:30 p.m., 5 Oaks (480 E 69th St.)
Join us for an all-Augustana celebration! Cupcakes will be served. Student musicians will perform. The milestone reunion years ending in 1's and 6's will have their class pictures taken. This event is free, but registration is required.
- Viking Days Worship: 10 a.m., Chapel of Reconciliation
Join us for this festive worship service with campus pastor Rev. Ann Rosendale and music by The Augustana Choir and the Augustana Orchestra.
- Viking Days Brunch: 11:30 a.m., Ordal Dining Room, Morrison Commons
Purchase available at the door.
- Class Agent: Carol Saltee Oakland
- Al Berdahl
- Jack Ward
- Betty Halvorson Blackford
- Rex Rolfing
- Steve Yorde
- Craig Ekeland
- Jerry Tieszen
- Rob Mouw
- Jan Tully Mouw
- Beth Pearl Mazzella
- Mike Houk
- Pam Fraser Johnson
- Marty Engquist
- Dennis Hansen
- Marty Lindvedt Johnson
- Cyndi Niemeier Miller