Sioux Falls is a fast-growing metro area with an expanding health care industry. We actively encourage our students to apply their skills to service with elderly populations, in public and private schools, and with underserved populations they may not have previous experience with.
We help find internships that best fit your studies, which may include working with important regional organizations such as:
- semi-professional sports teams in Sioux Falls, such as the Canaries (baseball), the Storm (football), the Skyforce (basketball), and the Stampede (hockey)
- fitness centers and clinical settings including X Fitness, GreatLIFE, YMCA, Avera, Sanford and local private practices and gyms
- retirement communities, such as Active Generations and Dow Rummel Village
- high school athletic departments
- non-profit associations, such as the Alzheimer’s Association, American Cancer Society, and Special Olympics of South Dakota
Many students have completed internships wherever their interest motivates them to travel, whether it is Florida, Tennessee, Wisconsin or Texas. We also encourage our majors to take advantage of Augustana’s study abroad opportunities.