Augustana nurses are everywhere.
Our nursing graduates are leaders who work as nurses, educators, and administrators in community health agencies, hospitals, nursing homes, and schools of nursing around the country. Others have served in the military, Peace Corps, Indian Health Service, and as missionaries. A significant number pursue further study at the master’s, Ph.D., Ed.D., DNP and M.D. levels.
Are you an Augustana Nursing graduate that would like to share information about your successful career on our website...please send information to email@example.com. Thank you.
A short list of successful Augustana nursing alumni includes:
- Mireya Keller '20, 2 Lieutenant, medical-surgical nurse in the United States Air Force, Travis AFB
- Makayla (Kuhn) Siebenaler '20, staff nurse, pediatric ICU, M Health Fairview
- Katie Larkin '17, United States Air Force, stationed in Alaska at the Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson
- Betsie Collins '15, oncology staff nurse, Mayo Clinic
- Gretchen Huber '15, traveling nurse
- Alexa Linton '15, maternal flight nurse, Sanford Health
- Alex Sproul '14, Accreditation Specialist at Sanford Health
- Brittany Staab '11, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- Bobbi Jo Vanendriessche '10, Doctor of Nursing Practice, Vice President, Avera Medical Group, Marshall, Minnesota
- Renee Callaway '10, operating room traveling nurse
- Kristie Wolbrink '10, Certified Nurse Practitioner, Sanford Health
- Ashley Mickiewicz '08, oncology nurse educator, RWJ Barnabus Health, New Jersey
- Adam Norenberg '08, Doctor of Nursing Practice, Sioux Falls VA Health Care System
- Jamy Anderson '07, nurse manager, Labor and Delivery Avera McKennan Hospital &University Health Center
- Jenna Hermann '07, coordinator and assistant professor, Family Nurse Practitioner Program, University of Mary, Bismarck, North Dakota
- Julie Kittelsrud '07, PhD, CNP, Vaccines Medical Director, Pfizer
- Dustin Randall '07, Certified Nurse Practitioner, Avera Medical Group, Occupational Medicine
- Shelly Roth '07, Chief Education Service & Designated Learning Officer, Sioux Falls VA Health Care System
- Allan Pudwill '06, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Sanford Health
- Dana Buus '04, Nurse Practitioner, Avera Medical Group Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
- Jennifer Whiting '03, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Avera McKennan Hospital &University Health Center
- Anna (Smith Johnson) Waldner '93, received her Master's from Maryville University St. Louis in 2015 as a Family Nurse Practitioner. Completed her post-masters as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner in 2018. Currently working at Unity Point Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit and Associates for Psychiatric Services in Sioux City, SD.
- Lori Popkes '90, Chief Nursing Officer for Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center
- Charis Poppens ’90, hospice coordinator, Sanford Home Health and Hospice
- Kelly Hefti '92, Vice President Nursing & Clinical Services at Sanford Health
- Carla Borchardt ’84, Professional Practice & Magnet Program Director, Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center
- Mary Oyos ’83, Diabetes clinical nurse specialist, Avera Hospital & University Health Center
- Deborah Letcher '82, Executive Director of Clinical and Team Development, Sanford Health
- Teresa Smith '82, Vice President, Sacred Heart Cancer Service
- Jill E. Bormann '76, Designated as an Academy Edge Runner for the Mantram Repetition Program (MRP) by the American Academy of Nursing. Dr. Bormann is a research health scientist, VA San Diego Healthcare System and clinical professor, Hahn School of Nursing and Health Sciences/Beyster Institute of Nursing Research, University of San Diego. The Edge Runner initiative recognizes nurse-designed models of care that impact cost, improve healthcare quality and enhance consumer satisfaction.