Study abroad opportunities are encouraged for nursing students wherever they wish to go. Within the major, the senior-level Nursing Leadership course is taught over J-Term in Norway!
Our nursing department has outstanding partners throughout the region, a few of which include:
- Sanford Health
- Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center
- Avera Behavioral Health Center
- Avera Heart Hospital
- Veterans Affairs Sioux Falls Healthcare System
- Sioux Falls Catholic Schools
- Sioux Falls Lutheran School
- Sioux Falls Public Schools
- Bethany Lutheran Home
- Children’s Home Society
- Lutheran Social Services Refugee and Immigration Program
- South Dakota Department of Health
Sioux Falls gives Augustana nursing students an advantage with three clinical academic partners within 15 minutes of campus.
We also encourage students to participate in our reciprocal study abroad opportunities. We believe that by putting students in places where they can encounter cultural diversity, they will grow both personally and professionally.
During Interim our program offers clinical immersion experiences to Ecuador, Norway and the Eagle Butte Indian Reservation.