We are a company of artists dedicated to exploring, expanding and promoting theatre for a lifetime of participation and appreciation.
We are a community-centered organization with a tradition of student collaboration, leadership and input. We are dedicated to exploring and promoting the Augustana values of excellence, community and service within a Christian liberal arts setting. We foster personal growth and work to embody excellence in our creative activity, through our artistic practice, and through service to our community.
If you want opportunities, you get them here. Nearly anything theatrical that you want to learn or do at Augustana Theatre, you can, including:
- A 4-show season featuring a variety of productions, including one musical
- New play development festivals
- Improvisation performances
- Professional guest artist performances
- Augustana Collaborative Theatrical Society (ACTS) which presents student-run productions
- Affordability and value
- Pro Dramatis scholarship and application
- Merit-based scholarships for returning students
- Work-study and shop staff positions
- You’re not limited to one major. Augustana theatre students can double major in biology, education, psychology, English, math — any combination imaginable! View a list of the courses we offer.
- Experiential learning
- Trips to see professional theatre in Chicago, Minneapolis and New York City
- Collaborations with the Augustana School of Music
- Connections to professional theaters in the area
- Study-abroad experiences
- All are welcome. Our productions, classes and activities are open to all students, regardless of major, class rank or prior experience. Join our community!
Theatre students form the heart of the Augustana Theatre Company — a community of faculty and students from all majors who regularly gather together to create excellent theatre and to celebrate their love of the arts.
Company Call: A weekly gathering of our campus’ theatre artists to collectively aid in the creation of production elements including scenery, properties, costumes, lighting, sound, marketing and much more.
Leadership positions: Are you a leader? There are many opportunities to share your strengths and shape the future of theatre!
Service: The National Theatre Honor Society, Alpha Psi Omega, is based around the three pillars of service, education and community.
Build your skills in every aspect of theatre: Students learn acting, directing, design, production, stage management and more to graduate as well-rounded theatre artists prepared for a wide array of careers!
Design opportunities: Faculty mentors work with students to collaborate with a production team and bring their designs to the stage.
The Augustana Theatre Company showcases student talent in a variety of theatrical productions each year — one of which is always a musical. Save the dates!