Ph.D. (Physics) — Kansas State University (2000)
M.S. (Physics) — Ball State University (1996)
B.S. (Physics & Mathematics) — University of Iowa (1992)
Associate Professor, Augustana University (2012- )
Assistant Professor, Augustana University (2006-12)
Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Michigan (2000-06)
Dark matter detection using liquid argon
High energy collisions producing multiple electroweak bosons
Professional Organizations and Service
Member, American Physical Society (1996)
Member, MAX/ Darkside Collaboration.
Member, DUNE Collaboration
Member, D0 Collaboration
Co-convener of the photon identification group (2003-04).
Co-convener of the QCD physics group (2004-06).
Augustana University Representative, South Dakota Space Grant Consortium
AP Physics Exam Grader
Fermilab UEC "Quality of Life" sub-committee chair (2004-05).
Representative Publications (* Mentored Undergraduates)
- P. Agnes, T. Waldrop* et al., “Low-Mass Dark Matter Search with the DarkSide-50 Experiment”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 121 081307 (2018).
- P. Agnes, T. Waldrop* et al., “Constraints on Sub-GeV Dark-Matter-Electron Scattering from the DarkSide-50 Experiment”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 121 111303 (2018).
- P.Agnes, T. Waldrop* et al., “Darkside-50 532-day Dark Matter Search with Low-Radioactivity Argon”, Phys. Rev. D 98 (2018) no.10, 102006.
- P.Agnes, et al., “Results from the first use of low radioactivity argon in a dark matter search”, Phys. Rev. D 93 (2016) no.8, 081101.
- P. Agnes et al., “The veto system of the DarkSide-50 experiement”, JINST 11 (2016) no.03 P03016.
- P.Agnes, et al., “First Results from the DarkSide-50 Dark Matter Experiment at Laboratori Nazionali del Gran Sasso”, Phys. Lett. B 743 (2015) 456-466.
- V. M. Abazov, et al., “Electron and Photon Identification in the D0 experiement,”, Nucl. Instrum. Methods A 750, 78 (2014).
- T. Alexander* et al., "Light Yield in DarkSide-10: a Prototype Two-phase Argon TPC for Dark Matter Searches", Astroparticle Physics 49, pp. 44-51.
- A. Alton and T. Alexander*, “A possible explanation for NuTeV’s anomalous dimuon events”, Phys. Rev. D83:115018 (2011).
- V. M. Abazov et al., “Search for a scalar or vector particle decaying into Zg in p anti-p collisions at s**(1/2) = 1.96-TeV”, Phys. Lett. B 671, 349 (2009).
- A. Alton and T. Alexander*, "A possible explanation for NuTeV's anomalous dimuon events", Phys. Rev. D 83, 115018 (2011).
- V.M. Abazov et al., "Search for a scaler or vector particle decaying into Zg at √s =1.96-TeV" Phys. Lett. B 671: >341 (2009).
- V. M. Abazov et al., "Search for ZZ and Zg production in pp collisions at ps = 1:96 TeV and limits on anomalous ZZZ and ZZg couplings", Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 131801 (2008).
- V. M. Abazov et al., “Measurement of the pp->WZ+X cross section at √s =1.96-TeV and limits on the WWZ trilinear guage coupling”, Phys. Rev. D 76, 111104(R) (2007).
- V. M. Abazov et al., "Zg production and limits on anomalous ZZg and Zg couplings in pp collisions at ps = 1:96 TeV", Phys. Lett. B 653, 378 (2007).
- V. M. Abazov et al., “Search for narrow resonance in Zg events gathered by DØ at √s =1.96-TeV”, Phys. Lett. B 641:415-422 (2006).