Sioux Falls is considered one of America’s great small cities. For Augustana students, it's a laboratory for internships, clinical practice, student teaching, and part- and full-time employment. Learn what others are saying about Sioux Falls:
- For the fourth consecutive year, Sioux Falls ranks as the Best City for Young Professionals, according to SmartAsset.
- Sioux Falls is named No. 1 on Forbes' 2019 list of Best Small Cities for Business and Careers and ranked first last year, also. For 14 straight years, Sioux Falls has been identified within the top five in nation, according to Forbes.com.
- ZipRecruiter identified Sioux Falls as the 3rd hottest job market in 2020, based on the growing number of job postings and average number of job openings per job seeker as well as the median wage among other criteria.
- WalletHub ranked Sioux Falls as No. 15 on the Happiest City in America list. Also, they are No. 11 among the Top-10 Best Run Cities in 2019.
- Sioux Falls is No. 7 among the 2019 Top 100 Best Places to Live, according to Livability.com.
- South Dakota is one of the nation’s “Top Moving Destinations” in the 2018 United Van Lines Annual National Movers Study that tracks state-to-state migration pattern.
- In April 2019, Sioux Fall's 2.4 percent unemployment rate was 1.2 percentage points lower than the then-national rate of 3.6 percent.
- Gallup’s annual “Well-Being Index” ranks South Dakota the No. 1 state in the U.S. in 2017 based on purpose, social, financial, community and physical elements.
- SmartAsset included Sioux Falls on its list of the 10 Best Cities for Living the American Dream in 2017, after looking at its employment data, home prices, livability, friendliness toward the business community and the economic stability of its business bases.
- In 2017, 91 percent of residents surveyed in Sioux Falls say the city is a good or excellent place to live, according to the National Citizen Survey, a professional research firm that collects survey data for approximately 500 cities.
- According to the City of Sioux Falls, with an estimated population of 187,200, Sioux Falls has grown by 4,000 people — a 2.2 percent jump — since the end of 2017.
- Sioux Falls moved up the ranks in Inc.com’s Best U.S. Cities to Start a Business, coming in at No. 10 overall in 2017.
View the quality of life in Sioux Falls by seeing this video from the Sioux Falls Convention & Visitors Bureau.