Augustana University publishes an annual report outlining security and fire safety information, along with student housing fire and crime statistics for campus. This document provides information on AU fire safety policies, which can serve as a guide during emergencies. A printed copy of this report is also available at the Department of Campus Safety, located in the Morrison Commons.
The Department of Campus Safety works closely with Sioux Falls Fire Rescue and the Augustana facilities staff to maintain a fire safe environment.
Each year, the men and women of the Department of Campus Safety outreach to the campus community in many different ways to improve fire safety on our campus:
- Annual Residence Life Fire Safety Academy
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Annual Recreational Services Staff Fire Training
- CPR and AED Classes
- Fire Drills and Life Safety Inspections
- Participation in the September Campus Fire Safety Month
- Working Closely with Sioux Falls Fire Rescue