To achieve the goal of developing and delivering new and bold academic offerings to more students ...
GOAL #1: Establish new academic structures and centers that sustain excellence, facilitate growth, and cultivate innovative and impactful teaching, learning, and research in order to provide an education of enduring worth.
1a. Restructure academic programs into a College and Schools supported by a governance system that maintains focus on the centrality of the liberal arts while facilitating innovative, efficient program development and administration.
- Organize into a College of Arts & Sciences and establish a School of Education and a School of Music. Create a new governance system.
- Establish a School of Business and a School of Health Sciences.
- Establish and integrate other Schools as appropriate.
1b. Develop a Center for Interdisciplinary Programs to coordinate existing and new interdisciplinary offerings.
- Establish the Center within the College of Arts and Sciences and develop Medical Humanities, Environmental Studies, and programs associated with intercultural studies.
- Develop additional innovative interdisciplinary programs for undergraduate and graduate students (e.g., Art, Music, and Drama Therapies; Arts Administration; Music Business & Technology; Latin American Studies).
GOAL #2: Establish new academic programs grounded in the liberal arts that challenge the intellect while responding to the needs and interests of students. These programs will grow enrollment, diversify revenue and address workforce priorities of the local community and region.
2a.: Establish a professional school that is distinctive and responsive to community needs in order to prepare adult learners to lead and serve within a specialized field.
- Conduct feasibility studies for Optometry, Dentistry, and Aeronautics.
- Develop a program proposal and establish a new professional school in collaboration with strategic partners.
2b. Develop and market innovative undergraduate and graduate degree programs, responsive to new and emerging student interests and community needs, that build on Augustana’s tradition of excellence in the liberal arts.
- Establish distinctive undergraduate programs in Biomechanical Engineering and Forensics. Expand graduate programs with distinctive value, to include a Master of Business Administration, Doctor of Physical Therapy, graduate nursing degrees, and occupational therapy.
- Expand undergraduate and graduate program offerings (e.g., data science/analytics, physician assistant studies, virtual reality, artificial intelligence, public administration, performing and visual arts).
2c. Create international and domestic partnerships and pathways through strategic and distinctive programs to increase global engagement and recruitment.
- Deepen relationships with schools and tribal colleges in the region as well as existing partnerships with secondary schools and universities in Norway and Asia.
- Expand relationships with secondary schools and universities in other countries.