Support Staff Positions
Support staff are employees of the College who are paid on an hourly basis, eligible for overtime pay, and whose duties are primarily non-managerial in nature.
Augustana welcomes applications for the following Support Staff positions:
Augustana College invites applications for a new role within its Advancement Office. The Development Coordinator will assist in the daily functions of the Development Office and will provide assistance to the Vice President for Advancement and major gift officers. This role is responsible for various administrative projects -- from answering the phone and greeting guests to answering donor questions and database entry. This position is part-time, 1:00-5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and will average 25 hours per week.
• Provide customer service to donors and those who come in contact with the development office through phone, email and face-to-face communications.
• Assist the Vice President for Advancement and major gift officers as needed.
• Manage communications and event details for 400+ person annual scholarship luncheon celebrating scholarship donors and recipients.
• Create and manage scholarship and endowment reports, including annual correspondence from development office and student scholarship recipients.
• Data entry containing updates for addresses and personal information.
• Generate donor lists from database.
• Manage key donor touches such as birthday, holiday, anniversary and congratulatory greetings.
• Coordinate donor mailings.
• Manage RSVP’s, send invitations, code and manage attendees/invitees, coordinate event debriefs.
• Assist with returned mail processing.
• Process invoices and accounts payable.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent organization skills, detail oriented.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to learn database and other technology functions.
• Collegial, collaborative and possess a sense of humor.
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple requests.
• Good decision-making skills, tactful, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, with mail merge experience.
Applications will be accepted until a qualified candidate is identified. Interested applicants should complete an application and send it electronically to the address listed below.
The Augustana College Campus Learning Center is currently recruiting for Substitute Head Teachers. These positions could occur in classrooms for children 1- to 3-year olds or in classrooms for 3- to 6-year-olds.
The Campus Learning Center is open from 7:30 a.m. — 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. A teaching position could be for a five-hour or eight-hour shift, and could be for one day or several days in a row.
A Bachelor's Degree is preferred in Early Childhood, Elementary Education or Special Education.
Applications will be accepted until qualified candidates are identified. Interested applicants should complete an application and send it electronically to the address listed below.
Email submissions are preferred.
2001 S Summit Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
Augustana College is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act and may be required to submit official transcripts upon employment.