Employees whose work activities are substantially involved in the administration of the University, other than teaching, shall be designated as administrators by the President of the University.
ABOUT AUGUSTANA UNIVERSITY:
Founded in 1860, Augustana is a selective, residential university affiliated with the Lutheran Church. With 53 majors, 41 minors and 15 pre-professional programs for undergraduates, along with graduate degree and continuing education programs, the University is committed to enriching lives and fostering development by combining a foundation in the liberal arts with professional skill and advanced study.
With more than 1,800 students from 30 states and 38 countries around the globe, Augustana has been ranked among the top baccalaureate institutions in the nation for our efforts to advance social mobility, research and service by Washington Monthly. We are pleased to be featured among "America's Top Colleges" by Forbes and to be named a "Best Midwestern College" by the Princeton Review and a "Best Buy" by U.S. News & World Report.
We are proud to say that the average ACT of our entering class is 26, one of the highest averages of any college or university in the region. Nearly 90 percent of our students come from South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska. Eleven percent are alumni legacies.
In September 2015 — 155 years after our founding — Augustana College became Augustana University, an illustration of our growing number of programs and centers for undergraduate and graduate students and in recognition of the physical growth happening on campus.
Augustana University is located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. With a metro population of nearly 250,000, Sioux Falls is a growing, vibrant, and diverse city that is home to major health care centers, Fortune 500 business, national retailers, spirited entrepreneurs, and dynamic options for arts and entertainment. Sioux Falls has been named the "Best Small City for Business and Careers" by Forbes and ranked one of the "Best Places to Live by CNN.
Augustana University is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Augustana University invites applications for the position of Admission Counselor. Responsibilities include managing recruitment efforts in geographic territories, public speaking engagements, leadership at college recruitment events, travel, communication with prospective students, reviewing application files, financial aid counseling, and managing special projects. This position reports to the Vice President for Enrollment.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience plus an excellent benefit package.
Closing Date: This search will be closed once the position is filled.
Work Schedule: Full-time, 12 months, includes evening and weekend hours.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Articulate the value and values of an Augustana education to prospective students, families, high school counselors, community college personnel, alumni, pastors, and community members.
• Develop and implement a recruitment plan for an assigned geographic territory.
• Meet with prospective students and their families during campus visits.
• Communicate with prospective students throughout the recruitment and application process, including extensive correspondence via phone and email.
• Generate and review admission applications.
• Represent Augustana at a variety of functions including college fairs, high school visits, receptions, and community events.
• Plan and implement six to ten weeks of travel in the fall, winter and spring months; weekend and evening work required.
• Manage selected student recruitment programs and special projects as assigned by the Vice President of Enrollment and Director of Admission.
• Financial aid counseling and advising.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong initiative and attention to detail.
• Sound understanding of and appreciation for a comprehensive education (liberal arts and professional), grounded in five core values: Christian, liberal arts, excellence, community and service.
• Goal oriented and driven to succeed.
• Excellent judgment, organizational, and multitasking skills.
• Sensitivity to the concerns and needs of diverse student populations.
• Ability to handle frequent changes, delays, and unexpected events in a flexible, positive way.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Sense of humor.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Valid Driver's License (Must have had a valid driver's license for at least 2yrs).
• Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background check.
• Previous experience in higher education enrollment, marketing, and/or sales.
• Graduate of Augustana or similar-type institutions.
Application Procedure: Send a letter of interest to Nancy Davidson, Vice President for Enrollment, describing qualifications for the position. Please include a resume, completed employment application and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references. All information is to be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email submissions are preferred.
2001 S Summit Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
Augustana University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. Applicants must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act and may be required to submit official transcripts upon employment.