Employees whose work activities are substantially involved in the administration of the College, other than teaching, shall be designated as administrators by the President of the College.
Currently, Augustana College has these current open positions:
- Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing/Tickets
- Associate Vice President for Graduate and Continuing Education
- Graduate Assistant - Student Success Center
Augustana College seeks applications for the position of Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing/Tickets.
Job Summary: Under general direction of the Director of Athletics and Senior Women’s Administrator, and in accordance with all NCAA, Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference, and college policies, this position will plan and implement the marketing/ticket coordination of the athletics department.
Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing/Tickets:
· Implement, manage and plan marketing strategies to drive attendance, promotion and engagement of athletic events
· Marketing/ticket duties include, but are not limited to, coordination of marketing plans, A-Club membership/season ticket drive, seasonal sports preview, Augustana Athletics Auction, social media/print/radio coordination, management of ticket operations and game day promotions/operations
· Provide support for design elements of athletic web pages, splash pages, and event signage
· Perform daily administrative duties, including assisting with the day-to-day operations
· Provide support with selected home athletic events, including NSIC & NCAA events
· Assist with fundraising for athletics, including corporate partnerships
· Work with various departments across campus to effectively manage relationships within the college community, as well as, participation with the student fan group and Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational/planning/time management skills
· Demonstrated skill and knowledge of Word, Excel, Publisher and various computer applications/design programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Quark)
· Must demonstrate high energy, flexibility with schedule, and demonstrated problem solving skills
· Strong commitment to customer service and demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of groups including administrators, coaches, students, faculty/staff and fans
Minimum Qualifications: Education and experience equivalent to: Bachelor's degree, supplemented with at least three (3) years of experience in athletics, marketing, ticket operations or communications. Master’s degree preferred.
Additional Information: This position is partnered with the NCAA Strategic Alliance Matching Grant program. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Competitive salary and benefits. Augustana College in Sioux Falls, SD provides an exceptionally high quality of living in an affordable community environment. Sioux Falls is a dynamic, growing city (metro area of 230,000), and is a medical, financial, retail and arts center for a multi-state region.
Application Procedure: Screening of applications will begin June 1 and will continue until the position is filled. Send a cover letter describing your interest in the position,résumé and the names, email/mail addresses and telephone numbers of three persons qualified to provide a reference. Submit application materials electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Augustana College seeks a full-time Associate Vice President for Graduate and Continuing Education to begin Fall 2015. Augustana currently offers robust graduate and continuing education programs in Education and Sports Administration and Leadership, has submitted two additional graduate programs to HLC for approval and intends to offer more graduate and continuing education programs in the future. This position, which reports to the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, will provide an excellent opportunity for a creative self-starter to lead the implementation of new graduate programming and the development of an infrastructure to support graduate and continuing education at Augustana. Augustana is located in the dynamic, growing community of Sioux Falls, which provides excellent collaborative partnership opportunities.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have experience developing and implementing new graduate and continuing education programs; expertise in innovative uses of technology, including the delivery of high quality online programs; the ability to engage faculty, staff and students in new initiatives; and a commitment to building community partnerships. An earned doctoral degree in an applied discipline such as Business, Education. Nursing, or other Health Sciences is preferred.
Salary: Competitive, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Application Procedure: Review of complete applications will begin immediately and remain open until the position is filled. Please submit a complete application, including a letter of application, philosophy of leadership, curriculum vitae, transcripts, and a list of three references (include name, address, telephone number and email) electronically to: email@example.com
Position Type: Part-Time/One Year Position
Department: Student Success Center
Augustana College is currently seeking an individual to fill the position of Graduate Assistant in the Student Success Center.
As a college committed to excellence, this GA will gain experience creating empowering, transformative student experiences. Under the direction of the Executive Director of the new Student Success Center and in collaboration with diverse areas across campus, the successful candidate will administer services and programs to promote the success of students from the point of entry through graduation. These interventions improve students’ overall persistence and connection with campus resources. Much of the individual’s time will be spent counseling students regarding their academic, professional, and career goals.
· Provide strategic support services to students who are experiencing academic difficulty or have been referred by faculty.
· Implement programming to contribute to retention strategies and student learning outcomes.
· Coordinate outreach of students who have completed online career exploration assessments.
· Enhance experiential learning by connecting students to relevant part-time employment, co-curricular opportunities, and summer jobs.
· Address diverse academic concerns with students and contact non-registered students after the advising period
· Design and deliver informational resources.
· Monitor the academic progress of assigned students and maintain records of interventions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· The selected candidate will currently be enrolled in a graduate degree program in counseling or higher education and have a desire to apply their learning in a private, church-related college environment. Preference will be given to individuals who exhibit familiarity with emerging career development, student persistence, and learning theories.
· Knowledge of the developmental issues of emerging adults and outstanding helping skills.
· Ability to establish rapport with students from diverse backgrounds. Experience working with first generation, under-prepared, or deciding students is preferred.
· Excellent written, public speaking, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Familiarity with technology, Microsoft Office, LinkedIn, and career assessments.
· Demonstrated ability to market events, work in a team, and prioritize multiple tasks.
· Self-starter with a commitment to detailed record-keeping and documentation.
· A desire to contribute to a supportive work environment where new ideas are solicited, evaluated, implemented, and assessed.
· Role model professionalism and exhibit willingness to work some nights.
Application Instructions: Interested individuals should submit a resume, letter of interest, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email submissions are preferred.
2001 S Summit Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
Augustana College is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act and may be required to submit official transcripts upon employment.