Employees whose work activities are substantially involved in the administration of the College, other than teaching, shall be designated as administrators by the President of the College.
Augustana College is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Augustana invites applications for a full-time Director of Financial Aid. This position reports to the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
The successful individual is responsible for providing and performing the following responsibilities:
· Administer and oversee operations of all student financial aid programs, including federal, state, private and institutional programs.
· Ensure compliance with all applicable federal regulations and keep up to date on policies.
· Work with Vice President for Enrollment and Vice President for Finance and Administration in developing financial aid awarding models.
· Foster strong partnerships with Admissions, Student Accounts, Registrar, and Dean of Students.
· Establish and enhance communication with prospective and current students, and their families.
· Interpret federal, state, NCAA compliance issues as well as institutional policies; make fair judgment calls when appropriate.
· Collaborate with Information Technology to develop and coordinate mainframe database modifications, including software installations and upgrades.
· Manage, evaluate, and develop staff.
· Ensure outstanding customer service from the financial aid staff.
· Monitor funding levels in all programs; maintain office operational budget.
· Present financial aid information to individuals as well as in group settings.
· Prepare all financial aid reports within required deadlines, including State reports, FISAP, IPEDS, and various Common Data Set survey instruments.
Requisite Skills Include:
· At least five years of immersion in a college financial aid position or equivalent that requires development and processing of institutional, state and federal financial aid.
· Strong leadership skills including the ability to encourage a cohesive team.
· Ability to understand and implement changing federal regulations.
· At least three years of leadership and management in a higher education setting.
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Strong analytical skills and computer expertise.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, great interpersonal skills, the ability to interact with people of all backgrounds.
· Demonstrates creativity, vision and sound judgment.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree required with progressively responsible experience working in financial aid administration.
Start Date: Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Procedure: Candidates should send a letter of application, a current resume and the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three current references. If requested, be prepared to submit transcript(s) that reflect completed course work and degrees from regionally accredited colleges or universities. All information will be held in confidence. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Send materials electronically to email@example.com.
Email submissions are preferred.
2001 S Summit Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
Augustana College is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act and may be required to submit official transcripts upon employment.