Employees whose work activities are substantially involved in the administration of the University, other than teaching, shall be designated as administrators by the President of the University.
Augustana University invites applications for the position of Programmer Analyst. The primary responsibility will be to provide implementation, design, development and support for the administrative system software – Jenzabar CX, JX databases and the JICS portal.
Work Schedule: Full-time, 12 months, including occasional evening, weekend and on-call hours.
- Provide support and training to end-users of the administrative software system
- Diagnose and remediate software errors
- Develop documentation of standards and procedures
- Provide input and develop strategies as a part of the administrative software support team
- Assist in developing code to enhance functioning of administrative software
- Represent Augustana at national users conference and participate in networking opportunities with Jenzabar users at other institutions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent programming abilities within an SQL relational database environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with relational database report writing software
- Ability to function in Windows and Linux server environments
- Experience developing and implementing data integration strategies
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Experience with MS-Office suite
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, at both technical and non-technical levels
- Strong initiative and attention to detail
- Goal oriented and driven to succeed
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and multitasking skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science related field or equivalent experience and training; Experience programming in SQL; Commitment to continuous learning in all aspects of campus technology.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working with Informix, data integration tools, Java, perl, XML, C/C+, and Google Docs; Experience with IBM Cognos or other Business Intelligence software; Experience in higher education or in a higher education ERP environment.
Application Procedure: Send a completed Augustana University employment application, a letter of interest describing qualifications for the position, resume, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background check.
Email submissions are preferred.
2001 S Summit Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
Augustana University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer. Augustana University is committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community. Submission of official transcripts may be required upon employment. Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background check.