Employees whose work activities are substantially involved in the administration of the College, other than teaching, shall be designated as administrators by the President of the College.
Augustana welcomes employment applications for the following position:
The Department of Education at Augustana College in Sioux Falls, SD, invites applications for the position of department chair. Starting date August 2015. Salary and rank commensurate with qualifications and experience. The fourteen member department offers an NCATE accredited teacher education program with majors in secondary and elementary education, special education and non–certification programs in sign language interpreting and communication disorders as well as a dynamic and growing masters degree program (http://www.augie.edu/graduate-education). The educational context in the Sioux Falls region is particularly rich and there are great opportunities for creative leadership and growth in both the undergraduate and graduate programs at Augustana College. This is a full-time, 11 month tenure track position at the Associate Professor level.
Responsibilities: The person in this role will provide leadership to a well-established and high quality department that offers programs in multiple areas, both undergraduate and graduate. Responsibilities will include providing leadership and vision for a creative and robust future, building on strong relationships with community partners and alumni, providing support to department faculty and students, providing supervision to support staff, and recruiting students and faculty. The Education Department Chair will maintain a presence in state and national teacher education and campus leadership venues.
Qualifications: PhD or EdD in an appropriate education-related disciplinary area, experience in post–secondary teaching and administration, and a proven scholarly track record. Experience teaching at the K–12 level preferred.
Application Procedure: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit a letter of application addressing the above qualifications, current vita, copies of graduate transcripts, names and contact information for three professional references electronically to: email@example.com.
Augustana College is currently recruiting for a part-time Grant Program Coordinator and Research Assistant.The individual will provide program coordination and research assistance for the South Dakota Department of Human Services (SDDHS) Post-Secondary Education pilot grant.Responsibilities include coordinating activities related to program operations in close collaboration with the Principal Investigator, co-Principal Investigators, and with multiple internal and external partners to assure effective and efficient program operations.This one-year, 30 hours per week position is contingent upon approved grant funding, and has potential for renewal.
Excellent organizational skills required to assure effective and efficient operation of the SDDHS Post-Secondary Education grant. This program, entitled "Augie Access" requires:
- Well-developed, courteous, straight-forward, and clear communication skills within a collaborative environment are required in order to facilitate effective communication and coordination with representatives within the Augustana College community, K-12 School Districts in the state, agencies within the SDDHS, prospective and current students, work-study students, and Augustana faculty.Must show task initiative and dependability, and be able to anticipate the needs of the program.
- High level computer skills (including database management, word processing, desktop publishing, and web page maintenance) as well as attention to detail skills necessary.Experience with collecting scientific data and technical writing for possible publication is needed.
A Baccalaureate Degree is required, while a Master's Degree in Special Education is preferred.Experience in working with transition plans for adults with differing abilities is required.Prior experience with Person Centered Planning and grant program coordination is preferred along with experience in educational research design.
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
- Program coordination of state funded Department of Human Services grant:Implements program evaluation plans; designs and maintains databases and records; in collaboration with Principal Investigators, assists with program implementation, assessment, and event coordination; coordinates event planning, travel, communication with partnering schools and agencies; composes correspondence on behalf of Principal Investigators; updates and maintains official records.
- Provides professional, friendly and efficient service to students, alumni, faculty, and staff to result in optimum service and relationships with the various constituencies; maintains research and program grant budgets; supervises accurate and efficient organizational systems; composes correspondence requiring extensive knowledge and understanding of transition programs.
- Assist with data collection associated with directed experimental design; organize and maintain data related to research and program metrics.
Augustana College will offer health and dental insurance, tuition assistance, and vacation for this position.
Candidates are to electronically submit a letter of application, resume, a copy of transcripts, and names, telephone numbers, and email addressesof threereferences to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Email submissions are preferred.
2001 S Summit Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
Augustana College is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act and may be required to submit official transcripts upon employment.