Employees whose work activities are substantially involved in the administration of the University, other than teaching, shall be designated as administrators by the President of the University.
Position Type: Full-Time
Department: Campus Ministry
Augustana University (Sioux Falls, South Dakota) welcomes applications and nominations for the position of Campus Pastor.
The Campus Pastor serves the entire university community (students, faculty, staff, alumni and retirees) by providing worship leadership, pastoral care and support, and coordination of programmatic ministries. The Campus Pastor grounds the university’s mission to “integrate faith with learning and service.” As an institution of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), campus values and practices are rooted in theological concepts such as grace, humility, freedom, mystery, and vocation as service to the neighbor.
Qualified applicants must be ordained individuals, rostered and in good standing with the ELCA, and should have at least 3-5 years of ministry experience. A thorough understanding of Lutheran theology and imagination for integrating faith with learning is imperative. The ability to interact with students, faculty and leadership with different backgrounds and points of view, and having a deep appreciation and respect for academic values and culture must be evident and/or significant for the candidate.
Ideal candidates will be creative and collaborative, curious learners and patient listeners. Exceptional communication and preaching skills are required. Experience in working with youth and young adults is preferred, as is a sense of humor and joyful spirit.
Rooted in the Lutheran tradition, Augustana Campus Ministry welcomes ecumenical and interfaith voices as essential partners in fostering spiritual maturity and religious literacy. This position serves as the steward of interfaith programming on campus, therefore, the Campus Pastor should have a basic understanding of other religious and non-religious traditions and be willing to offer support to non-Christian persons and groups as well. The Augustana University Student Congregation is a Reconciling in Christ congregation, believing that people of all sexual orientations and gender identities have a place at the table of God. Campus Ministry also welcomes people of all ages, races, colors, creeds, ethnic backgrounds and levels of ability to participate fully in its worship services, programs and activities. Central to this welcome is the Campus Pastor’s ability to articulate how and why justice for systemically non-dominant persons is faithfully grounded in Christian theology.
Consistent with the university’s core values and guided by our Lutheran identity as expressed in Rooted & Open: The Common Calling of NECU, diversity, equity and inclusion are deepening commitments of the Augustana community. Varied life experiences and ideological perspectives among students and others on campus make conversations around these commitments both challenging and rewarding. Candidates for the Campus Pastor position must be culturally and interpersonally agile, should lead with a posture of listening to understand, be ready and eager to serve the evolving needs of students and staff, and seek to build community across differences.
Augustana University is an institution ready and enthusiastic to welcome, love and support a new Campus Pastor. Robust worship attendance, faithful faculty, staff, and students, and openness to new ideas are qualities of the community that make it an energizing place to serve. Campus Ministry at Augustana has a strong, healthy reputation. Many students eagerly apply each year to serve on the Chapel leadership staff. The most recent Administrative Campus Pastor retired after enjoying an eighteen-year tenure. The current Campus Pastor has served Augustana for eight years and looks forward to continuing a collaborative relationship with a new colleague. The university is led by a President whose leadership is strategic and visionary and understands the important role of the Campus Pastor in undergirding the mission and values of the institution. Augustana University is situated in the growing and vibrant city of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, a place that consistently surprises and delights.
This position is an 11-month appointment (August - June). Prior to the beginning of each fiscal year, the university will offer continuation of appointments for the next fiscal year for administrative roles.
Application Procedure: Confidential inquiries, nominations, and applications are invited. Full consideration will be given to application materials received by March 31, 2020. Interested applicants are asked to complete an Augustana University employment application and to provide a cover letter and statement of diversity. These application materials are to be sent electronically email@example.com. Interested applicants also are asked to complete a Rostered Minister Profile and submit it to the Office of the South Dakota Synod, ELCA.
Please visit our website for more information about Augustana University: www.augie.edu
Position Type: Full-Time
Department: Business Office and Institutional Advancement
Are you looking for the opportunity to be part of an innovative and forward-thinking university environment while participating in a bold and inspiring vision for the growth of new academic programs, real-world research, learning, and leadership opportunities? Be a part of our team.
Augustana University invites applications for the position of full-time Senior University Accountant in our business and institutional advancement offices.
As Senior University Accountant, you will be the primary accountant/CPA for Augustana University. You will be responsible for the endowment, trusts, annuities, tax returns, grants, scholarship entries, gifts, and gifts-in-kind where you will record, maintain, advise, plan, and support decisions to advance the strategic goals of Augustana University as it continues to innovate and grow into the future.
The duties, competencies, and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and maintain audit workpapers and schedules for the endowment, funds with and without restrictions, fixed assets, net assets, and statement of activities for external report preparation
- Manage Dept of Educ and NCAA gender equity tracking, reconciliation, and reporting
- Reconcile and oversee ledger activity in relation to monthly and quarterly activity to facilitate proper financial statement, investment, grant, payroll, benefit cost allocation, and other processes
- Code ledger activity for audit preparation on an on-going basis
- Assist in maintaining Jenzabar (ERP) accounting database for all financial information including setting up new accounts and controlling the reactivation of accounts
- Endowment investment tracking, quarterly income allocation, and annual draw calculations
- Trust and gift annuity investment tracking, shepherding of trust return preparation with outside tax preparation firm
- Monitor and advise on proper designation tracking and account setup for gift accounting and pledges
- Control and track endowed and annual scholarship activity by managing database setup, reconciliation, and coordination with business office, advancement, and financial aid
- Maintain and produce scholarship information for donor reporting
- Prepare annual endowment report for scholarship contacts
- Reconcile and code general ledger information for 990 and 990T tax return and prepare information for tax schedules
- Respond to data requests such as the annual NSF grant survey and VSE advancement report
- Manage and coordinate the connection between accounting ledger and budget planning to facilitate current needs and Vision 2030 growth within the university
Qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3 to 5 years of non-profit background and experience, prefer 10 to 15 years
- Prior audit experience with private universities and/or colleges preferred
- Previous experience in public accounting, college or university business office, and/or a large non-profit organization is preferable
- CPA certification, although current certificate is not necessary or required for position
What can you bring to the table?
- Your knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Google Suite (Sheets, Calendar, Drive, and Gmail)
- Your self-starter attitude with demonstrated problem solving skills to work in an environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Your interest in researching, recommending, and implementing a scholarship software package such as “Academic Works” to better facilitate managing our 500+ annual and endowed scholarships
- Your excellent and tactful communication skills along with your high attention to detail
- Your close work with office team, members of leadership, outside auditors, and IT to maintain shared goals and objectives for the university
- Your strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Your ability to work independently and as part of a team
Interacting with students, faculty, and leadership with different backgrounds and points of view and a deep appreciation of and respect for academic values and culture must be evident and/or significant for the candidate.
If you are looking for a rewarding and dynamic career, look no further than the Augustana University in Sioux Falls, SD. Augustana offers an excellent benefit package including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, AD&D, short- and long-term disability, retirement plan, tuition assistance, holiday, vacation, and sick pay.
Application Procedure: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. This position is opening due to a mid-summer retirement. Overlap and training prior to retirement are desired. Interested applicants should complete an Augustana University employment application, provide a cover letter, statement of diversity, resume and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references. Application materials are to be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Type: Full-Time
Augustana University, Sioux Falls, SD seeks a Digital Initiatives Librarian with a passion for working with students and faculty, as well as a commitment to ensuring that all users are welcomed to the Mikkelsen Library and their information needs addressed.
- 12-month Administrator with faculty status
- Reports to the Director of the Library
- Salary commensurate with experience; excellent benefits package
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Coordinates and promotes all aspects of the library’s digitization initiatives including document identification, metadata creation, storage monitoring, discovery access, and scanning supervision
- Collaborates with Center for Western Studies on digitization projects
- Participates in reference service as part of a daily, evening, and weekend rotation
- Creates and teaches library instruction in collaboration with colleagues both in/out of the library
- Serves as a liaison to a number of academic departments
- Actively pursues opportunities for professional growth and development
- Master’s degree in library science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Previous employment in a library with teaching and reference experience.
- Experience with instructional technology.
- Knowledge of current public service and emerging technology trends in academic libraries and/or models of scholarly publishing.
- Knowledge of Content DM, metadata standards, and large-scale digital initiatives.
Interacting with students, faculty and leadership with different backgrounds and points of view and a deep appreciation of and respect for academic values and culture must be a top value of the candidate.
If you are looking for a rewarding and dynamic career, look no farther than the Augustana University in Sioux Falls, SD. Augustana offers an excellent benefit package including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, AD&D, short- and long-term disability, retirement plan, tuition assistance, holiday, vacation and sick pay.
Application Procedure: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should complete an Augustana University employment application, provide a cover letter, statement of diversity, resume and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references. Application materials are to be sent electronically to: email@example.com.
Address for sending resumes:
Email submissions are preferred.
2001 S Summit Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
Augustana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce. Augustana University is committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community. Submission of official transcripts may be required upon employment. Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background check.