Employees whose work activities are substantially involved in the administration of the University, other than teaching, shall be designated as administrators by the President of the University.
- Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing and Promotions
- Assistant Director of International Admission or International Admission Counselor
- Director of Athletics Communications
- Assistant Director of Campus Life
- Graduate Assistant for Athletic Communication
Position Type: Full-Time
Augustana University, a selective, comprehensive university, invites applications for the opportunity of Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing & Promotions.
Located in the growing and vibrant city of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Augustana University has, for more than 150 years, provided a strong student-centric education based on its five core values: Christian faith, liberal arts, excellence, community and service. With 19 NCAA Division II sports programs, Augustana Athletics is focused on building champions in the classroom, in competition and in the community. Consistently ranking in the top twenty of the Director’s Cup for all of Division II, Augustana has won the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference All Sports Trophy six of the last eight years.
The Assistant AD for Marketing & Promotions reports directly to the Athletic Director.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing a marketing strategy that drives attendance for Viking home athletics events and promotes the Augustana Athletics brand in the Sioux Falls/regional community.
The candidate must be adept at both strategy and execution. He/She will also be a creative thinker who has a collaborative, pro-active style and willing to try new things.
The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree, with 2 or more years of experience in marketing or communications. The candidate must have the ability to effectively work in a setting that includes technology, branding, design, promotion and advertising. The candidate must have a high degree of personal initiative and ability to lead a graduate assistant throughout the year and gameday staff during home events.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan for Augustana Athletics
- Key resource tied to revenue generation
- Increase brand awareness in Sioux Falls and the region
- Work with athletics communications staff and development staff to focus on new and innovative ways to tell the Augustana Athletics story
- Collaborate with athletics communications on a social media plan for the athletics department
- Assist with fundraising efforts and corporate sponsorship solicitations
- Provide content and support for all design elements within Augustana Athletics
- Increase attendance at ticketed Augustana Athletics home events
- Create and implement a new season ticket and single game ticket strategy
- Promote increased student attendance
- Lead gameday promotion strategy and execution
- Collaborate with various departments across campus
- Key partner to new VP for Strategic Communications & Marketing
- Serve as liaison to Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
- Sport supervision for cheer team, dance team and mascot
- Lead partnership with SKOL, Augustana student fan group
- Implement, manage and plan marketing strategies to drive attendance, promotion and engagement of athletic events
- Marketing/ticket duties include, but are not limited to, coordination of marketing plans, A-Club membership/season ticket drive, seasonal sports preview, Augustana Athletics Auction, social media/print/radio coordination, management of ticket operations and game day promotions/operations
- Provide support for design elements of athletic web pages, splash pages, and event signage
- Perform daily administrative duties, including assisting with the day-to-day operations
- Provide support with selected home athletic events, including NSIC & NCAA events
- Assist with fundraising for athletics, including corporate partnerships
- Work with various departments across campus to effectively manage relationships within the college community, as well as, participation with the student fan group and Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self starter
- Strong commitment to customer service and demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of groups including administrators, coaches, students, faculty/staff and fans
- Creative and willing to try new things
- Strong organizational/planning/time management skills
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of Word, Excel, Publisher and various computer applications/design programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Quark)
- Must demonstrate high energy, flexibility with schedule, and demonstrated problem solving skills
Minimum Qualifications: Education and experience equivalent to: Bachelor's degree, supplemented with at least 2 years of experience in athletics, marketing, ticket operations or communications. Master’s degree preferred.
Application Procedure: Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Send a cover letter describing your interest in the position, résumé, a completed Augustana University employment application, and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers of three persons qualified to provide a reference. Submit application materials electronically to: email@example.com.
Position Type: Full-Time
Department: International Programs Office
Augustana University invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of International Admission or International Admission Counselor. Position title will be based on experience and qualifications. Responsibilities include managing recruitment efforts for international students including public speaking engagements, leadership at university recruitment events, extensive international and domestic travel, communication with prospective students, reviewing application files, financial aid counseling and managing special projects.
Salary commensurate with experience plus an excellent benefit package.
This search will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified and the position is filled.
Full-time, 12 months, including evening and weekends.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Articulate the value and values of an Augustana education to prospective students, families, high school counselors, sponsoring organizations and institutional partners.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive recruitment plan for international students to include targets and strategies for increasing international student numbers and diversity. Collaborate with faculty and academic departments to effectively market the University’s academic and support programs.
- Identify key markets for international students.
- Develop and implement a communication plan and strategy for targeting international students.
- Communicate with prospective students throughout the recruitment and application process, including extensive correspondence via phone, e-mail, direct mail and social media. Develop and oversee content for website, social media and marketing.
- Generate and review admission applications; evaluate foreign credentials.
- Represent Augustana at a variety of functions including university fairs, high school visits, agency visits, sponsoring organization visits, conferences, receptions, community events and visit day programs.
- Establish relationships with key personnel at international high schools, community colleges, agencies, sponsoring organizations and other organizations that work directly with populations of international students.
- Plan and implement six to ten weeks of international and domestic travel in the fall, winter, spring and/or summer months. Extensive weekend and evening work and travel required.
- Collaborate with International Programs Office colleagues and other University staff on international student registration, orientation, retention and programming.
- Manage selected programs and special projects as assigned by the Director of International Programs.
- Financial aid counseling and advising
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs and concerns of international students and their families.
- Strong initiative and attention to detail.
- Sound understanding of and appreciation for a comprehensive education (liberal arts and professional), grounded in five core values: Christian, liberal arts, excellence, community and service.
- Goal oriented and driven to succeed.
- Excellent judgment, organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to handle frequent changes, delays, and unexpected events in a flexible, positive way.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Technologically savvy. Experience with CRM’s and databases.
- Sense of humor.
- Bachelor degree.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid passport.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to carry 40 pounds of materials or equipment.
- Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background check.
- Master’s Degree.
- Previous experience in international admissions, marketing and/or sales.
- Experience with SEVIS and ability to become a Designated School Official within the SEVIS system. (Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident.)
- Experience working with international students or students from diverse populations.
- Foreign Language Proficiency.
- Experience living, working or studying abroad.
Submit a letter of interest to Augustana Human Resources, Attn: Ben Iverson, Director of International Programs, describing qualifications for the position, resume, a completed Augustana University employment application, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references. Submit these electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Type: Full-Time
Augustana University in Sioux Falls invites applications for the position of Director of Athletics Communications. Responsibilities include telling the Augustana Athletics story and to facilitate the day-to-day operations within the athletics communications office. This is a full-time, 12-month position and reports to the Director of Athletics.
Responsibilities include working with Assistant AD for Marketing on social and digital media strategy; serve as the primary media contact for all sports; update the athletic website with results, stories and statistics; coordinate proper staffing for all home athletic events; supervise the athletics communications staff; oversee departmental budget, serve as part of the athletic administration team for event planning; develop and maintain quality relationships with coaching and athletic staff by creating solid communication channels with each sport; assign staff coverage and associated travel for each sport; organize and record game statistics; ensure road contests are properly reports to local media outlets; write and/or coordinator news releases, game stories, feature stories and game notes; facilitate sports information for special events such as conference, regional, and national tournaments, and special in-season tournaments.
Qualifications include bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Previous experience as a sports information director or assistant sports information director at the collegiate level and NCAA experience is preferred. Experience in management and promotion of regional and national tournaments preferred. Proven experience and expertise in developing and maintaining positive relationships with the media on the local and regional level is expected.
Application Procedure: Review of applications will begin immediately. Send to Josh Morton, Director of Athletics, a letter of interest describing qualifications for the position, resume, a completed Augustana University employment application, a statement on diversity and inclusion and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references to email@example.com.
Position Type: Full-Time
Department: Center for Campus Life
The Assistant Director serves as a member of the Campus Life team, providing leadership and support to a dedicated, creative, and dynamic staff with responsibility for leading a comprehensive student life program. The Assistant Director will provide ongoing support and supervision to students and staff; participate in social and educational program development; support the University’s mission, vision, and core values; and collaborate with other departments and divisions to provide excellent service.
Assistant Director positions are 12-month, full-time, live-in positions within the Center for Campus Life.
Assistant Directors report to an Associate Director of Campus Life.
- Directly supervise a staff of undergraduate students.
Residence Hall Administration and Management
- Manage a co-ed residence hall of 200 to 300 students;
- Select, train, supervise, and evaluate student staff;
- Provide direction to student staff in the development and implementation of programming designed to foster academic success, career exploration, wellness, diversity, community service, community building and development, and leadership development;
- Be visible and available to students and staff;
- Serve as a conduct officer for incidents that occur in university housing facilities;
- Oversees programming and manages budget;
- Maintain office hours for residence hall and Campus Life offices;
- Serve as a source of support and intervention for students experiencing personal and interpersonal difficulties;
- Assess student needs and make referrals to appropriate offices and services.
- Serve in an on-call rotation for the larger residential education program
- Assist and support Campus Life staff in achieving goals of the department;
- Represent the Center for Campus Life at university functions, programs, activities, and events;
- Collaborate on the development of department-wide assessment plans
- Manage summer projects, such as summer housing, camps, and conferences;
- Other duties as assigned.
All Assistant Directors are responsible for one or more collateral assignments. These collateral assignments may include:
- Overseeing the initiatives of living communities and theme houses;
- Co-advising the student activities board consisting of 7 committees: coffeehouse, culture and fine arts, dance, entertainment, film, logistics, and big event;
- Coordinating the processes for student staff selection, training, and development;
- Coordinating First-Year Programs and the development of initiatives geared towards the first-year student experience;
- Implementing the Campus Life programming model across campus;
- Overseeing transfer program initiatives to connect transfer students to the campus community;
- Managing online and social media resources that inform and promote understanding of residential education programs;
- Developing resources for and providing support to university-recognized student organizations.
Master’s degree preferred with a record of experience working with college students in a residential setting.
Successful candidates will possess a theoretical and practical knowledge of student development, its application within a residential environment, and a demonstrated ability to encourage and support diversity and inclusion.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Proven ability to mentor African-American, International, Latinx, and Native students;
- Ability to articulate the value of a residential experience to students, staff, faculty, and parents;
- Ability to create conditions that are accepting of differences regardless of gender, race, religion, abilities, class, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and political affiliation;
- Experience with crisis intervention and conflict management;
- Practical knowledge of program evaluation and assessment of learning outcomes;
- Ability to effectively communicate using oral, written, and electronic communication.
Competitive salary and benefits, including University-owned housing and paid utilities, as well as a meal plan during the academic year.
To apply, please complete an Augustana University employment application and submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three current references. Please forward this information electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.
Position Type: Part-Time
Augustana University (SD) is seeking a graduate assistant for athletic communications. Augustana University is located in Sioux Falls, SD and competes at the NCAA DII level in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference. This position is responsible for assisting the Director of Athletics Communications in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the department as well as other responsibilities within the athletic department. Position provides a monthly stipend and full tuition remission to the Master of Arts in Sports Administration and Leadership program. Bachelor’s degree is required and acceptance into the master’s program is preferred.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Write and/or coordinate news releases, feature stories, and game notes.
- Knowledge of graphic design in crafting and editing of content for social media and news releases.
- Take photographs or assign staff to take photographs when necessary, and coordinate professional photography needs.
- Work with many different types of software integral to a comprehensive sports information department.
To apply, send letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references to: Associate Athletic Director/SWA Ann Traphagen at email@example.com
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Email submissions are preferred.
2001 S Summit Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
Augustana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce. Augustana University is committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community. Submission of official transcripts may be required upon employment. Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background check.