Employees whose work activities are substantially involved in the administration of the University, other than teaching, shall be designated as administrators by the President of the University.
Augustana University (SD) is seeking qualified applicants for the Associate Athletics Director for Compliance / Senior Woman Administrator position. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform daily NCAA compliance operations of the athletics department.
- Ensure that all of Athletics and University related activities operate in full compliance with university, conference and NCAA rules and regulations. Attends and participates in scheduled compliance seminars and complies with all the Athletic Department’s efforts to monitor compliance with NCAA regulations.
- Ensure that department is compliant with Title IX, government, NCAA and conference reporting requirements, and reviews all data for accuracy. Leads efforts to correct or resolve any actions resulting in noncompliance or which present risk for the department operations.
- Work with university partners to ensure effective integration and collaboration of all Athletics NCAA compliance programs and initiatives with university operations.
- Provide leadership in the focus of the recruitment effort of the University's intercollegiate athletics program and ensures compliance with NCAA rules and regulations governing the recruitment of student-athletes by providing guidance and/or policies to team coaching staffs that engenders compliance with recruiting rules.
- Work closely with the Athletics Director and senior administration to detail strategic plans and goals, as well as appropriately monitor and report progress on the goals.
- Serve as Sport administrator responsible for management of select Athletic programs including but not limited to direct management of coaching staffs.
- Work with Athletics Director to develop strategies and initiatives in conjunction with the Office of Diversity to promote the value of diversity, equity, and inclusion in intercollegiate athletics.
- Monitor implementation of gender-equity plan.
- Assist with program competition schedules.
- Develop and maintain quality relationships with coaching staff and other athletic staff members by creating solid communication channels with each sport.
- Represent the Athletic Department at respective conference meetings, professional development meetings, and team post-season travel.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
- Three years of experience in an NCAA athletics department.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations governing recruitment, student-athlete eligibility, and related functions.
- Adherence to established NCAA, conference, and university rules and regulations.
- Experience with online compliance software.
- Must be committed to furthering Augustana’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programming.
- Experience in NCAA Division I and Division II compliance.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with administrative, coaching and university administrative staff.
- Ability to work well with multiple campus departments.
- Be able to work alone, one-on-one, or as part of a larger team.
- Flexibility to travel and work nights and weekends as needed.
- Proven experience and expertise in developing and maintaining positive relationships.
- Must demonstrate high energy, flexibility with schedule, and demonstrated problem solving skills.
Interacting with students, faculty and leadership with different backgrounds and points of view and a deep appreciation of and respect for academic values and culture must be a top value of the candidate
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should complete an Augustana University’s employment application, provide a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references. Valuing diversity and inclusivity are important aspects of the culture and ethos of Augustana University. Please share how you envision embracing and advancing these ideals. Application materials are to be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Official website: www.augie.edu.
NOTE: We continue to evaluate our current situation as it relates to the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus pandemic. Because of this disruption, we must make adjustments to all hiring processes at Augustana. As a result, we have put a temporary hold on this position. We will pause for 30 days upon which we will re-evaluate and determine if the process will be delayed further. We will continue to accept application materials during this time and keep you informed on the status as the weeks unfold. Thank you. (September 8, 2020)
Augustana University (Sioux Falls, South Dakota) welcomes applications and nominations for the position of Campus Pastor.
The Campus Pastor serves the entire university community (students, faculty, staff, alumni and retirees) by providing worship leadership, pastoral care and support, and coordination of programmatic ministries. The Campus Pastor grounds the university’s mission to “integrate faith with learning and service.” As an institution of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), campus values and practices are rooted in theological concepts such as grace, humility, freedom, mystery, and vocation as service to the neighbor.
Qualified applicants must be ordained individuals, rostered and in good standing with the ELCA, and should have at least 3-5 years of ministry experience. A thorough understanding of Lutheran theology and imagination for integrating faith with learning is imperative. The ability to interact with students, faculty and leadership with different backgrounds and points of view, and having a deep appreciation and respect for academic values and culture must be evident and/or significant for the candidate.
Ideal candidates will be creative and collaborative, curious learners and patient listeners. Exceptional communication and preaching skills are required. Experience in working with youth and young adults is preferred, as is a sense of humor and joyful spirit.
Rooted in the Lutheran tradition, Augustana Campus Ministry welcomes ecumenical and interfaith voices as essential partners in fostering spiritual maturity and religious literacy. This position serves as the steward of interfaith programming on campus, therefore, the Campus Pastor should have a basic understanding of other religious and non-religious traditions and be willing to offer support to non-Christian persons and groups as well. The Augustana University Student Congregation is a Reconciling in Christ congregation, believing that people of all sexual orientations and gender identities have a place at the table of God. Campus Ministry also welcomes people of all ages, races, colors, creeds, ethnic backgrounds and levels of ability to participate fully in its worship services, programs and activities. Central to this welcome is the Campus Pastor’s ability to articulate how and why justice for systemically non-dominant persons is faithfully grounded in Christian theology.
Consistent with the university’s core values and guided by our Lutheran identity as expressed in Rooted & Open: The Common Calling of NECU, diversity, equity and inclusion are deepening commitments of the Augustana community. Varied life experiences and ideological perspectives among students and others on campus make conversations around these commitments both challenging and rewarding. Candidates for the Campus Pastor position must be culturally and interpersonally agile, should lead with a posture of listening to understand, be ready and eager to serve the evolving needs of students and staff, and seek to build community across differences.
Augustana University is an institution ready and enthusiastic to welcome, love and support a new Campus Pastor. Robust worship attendance, faithful faculty, staff, and students, and openness to new ideas are qualities of the community that make it an energizing place to serve. Campus Ministry at Augustana has a strong, healthy reputation. Many students eagerly apply each year to serve on the Chapel leadership staff. The most recent Administrative Campus Pastor retired after enjoying an eighteen-year tenure. The current Campus Pastor has served Augustana for eight years and looks forward to continuing a collaborative relationship with a new colleague. The university is led by a President whose leadership is strategic and visionary and understands the important role of the Campus Pastor in undergirding the mission and values of the institution. Augustana University is situated in the growing and vibrant city of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, a place that consistently surprises and delights.
This position is an 11-month appointment (August - June). Prior to the beginning of each fiscal year, the university will offer continuation of appointments for the next fiscal year for administrative roles.
Application Procedure: Confidential inquiries, nominations, and applications are invited. Interested applicants are asked to complete an Augustana University employment application and to provide a cover letter and statement of diversity. These application materials are to be sent electronically email@example.com. Interested applicants also are asked to complete a Rostered Minister Profile and submit it to the Office of the South Dakota Synod, ELCA.
Please visit our website for more information about Augustana University: www.augie.edu.
Address for sending resumes:
Email submissions are preferred.
2001 S Summit Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57197
Augustana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce. Augustana University is committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community. Submission of official transcripts may be required upon employment. Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background check.