The Center for Campus Life is committed to providing support and resources to student both currently living off campus or considering venturing from our on campus living options into the community. Within our off campus living page you will find Augustana's residency requirement as well as information on finding a place, having a positive off campus experience, and staying safe in the community.
For more information, contact the Center for Campus Life at 605.274.5215 or email@example.com.
As a residential college, Augustana has always affirmed the value of living in community and, therefore, requires full-time students to live in college-owned housing through the end of their second year. The Campus Life Office uses your high school graduation date, not your academic classification based upon credits earned, to determine your classification in relation to the two-year residency requirement.
In summary, if you graduated from high school in 2014 or 2015, you are required to live in college-owned housing for the 2015-2016 academic year. For more information, please see our Residency Requirement.
2. Criteria for Approval - Students who meet the following criteria will be automatically approved upon review:
- Married Students - Students who are married are not required to live in college-owned housing.
- Students with Children - Students who have parent or guardian status for a dependent child are not required to live in college-owned housing.
- Part-Time Students - Students who are enrolled part-time are not required to live in college-owned housing.
- Commuting from a Parent's or Guardian's Home - Students who will be living with a parent or guardian within the local area will be approved to live off-campus and commute from home.
Students who do not meet the criteria above but believe their personal circumstances justify an exemption (waiver) from the residency requirement will have an opportunity to share justification for their request on the Off-Campus Housing Request Form. Please note that we may request additional documentation, such as a note from a health care professional in support of this request.
3. Decision and Notification - Once your request has been reviewed and a decision made, you will be notified via your Ole e-mail account. Until you received that confirmation e-mail, your status is still pending.
- All requests will be reviewed by a team of Financial Aid, Business Office, and Campus Life staff.
- Off-Campus approval may have implications for your financial aid package. If you are approved to live off-campus OR choose not to enroll in The Unlimited meal plan, your Augustana Gift Assistance will be pro-rated at 90% (80% for both). Please contact the Financial Aid Office for information specific to your aid package.
- Once you have been approved to live off-campus, you do not need to apply again for subsequent years. Your approval is good for the remainder of your enrollment at Augustana. Please contact Campus Life if you are interested in moving back on-campus.
- Remember, if you are approved to move off-campus, please be sure to cancel any spaces you are holding in college-owned housing by June 1, 2014 in order to avoid incurring the cancelation fee of $400 and the forfeiture of your $100 housing deposit.